C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crazy clicking noise coming from dash !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 11:44 PM
coldvette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crazy clicking noise coming from dash !!!!!

I've owned my '99 for 4 months now. The A/C never worked, so I decided to charge the A/C yesterday cause its getting hot outside. Now I've got an annoying clicking coming from dash above temp. sensor. Sounds like the four way flasher relay only 10 x louder.
My car has auto climate control, and i noticed if i set temp below or above 66 - 70 F the noise stops. Is this normal ?

Please help before i destoy the dash to find clicking sound.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:44 AM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by coldvette
I've owned my '99 for 4 months now. The A/C never worked, so I decided to charge the A/C yesterday cause its getting hot outside. Now I've got an annoying clicking coming from dash above temp. sensor. Sounds like the four way flasher relay only 10 x louder.
My car has auto climate control, and i noticed if i set temp below or above 66 - 70 F the noise stops. Is this normal ?

Please help before i destoy the dash to find clicking sound.
No the noise is not normal. Did you check the DIC for codes ???
Old 05-30-2008, 09:36 AM
c5streak
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

Check for codes. How is the air temp? Does it respond properly when you adjust either driver or pass temp control? It sounds like an actuator probably making your clicking. Pull fuse #27 in the pass footwell for 60 seconds and reinstall. That will cause the HVAC to reset, which might, if your extremely lucky, reset your actuators.

Get notified of new replies

To Crazy clicking noise coming from dash !!!!!

Quick Reply: Crazy clicking noise coming from dash !!!!!