C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Torco octane accelerator I am now a believer!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 01:41 PM
briann510
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Torco octane accelerator I am now a believer!

I have been having detonation problems with the crappy 91 pump gas here when they upped the Ethanol % for the winter Gas here in California in October and as soon as my boost would hit 6 psi I heard the marbles (I go to 10-12 psi). I am buying a meth kit soon but need to be held over till then the old fashioned way with mixing.

A few months ago I started mixing 100 racing gas in with the pump 91 to blend for 95 octane which wasnt too hard to do but today after I hadnt blended up any racing gas as my local connection was out and I was horribly detonating after severely raping a Saleen Mustang I decided to stop by the local supplier (way over priced btw) and buy a qt of the Torco stuff to try before ordering some online.

I added 1/2 qt of the Torco to my 5 gallon jug of pump 91 then added that to my existing 4 gallons that was in my left tank which calculated out to be 95 octane. I drove around for 20 minutes slowly getting off/on it to make sure it had gone through the system then up on the freeway I went.

WOW! Not a single sound of detonation all the way to 10 psi in even in 4th gear. I had several people ask me what the heck I did to my tune to wake the heck up out of the car when all I did was add the Torco. I dont seem to need more than 95-96 octane so I only need to add a 1/2 qt of Torco to every 10 gallons. I order it online now from a member on here thats much cheaper than mixing race gas for same octane ($30 cheaper for 20 gallons total)

Last edited by briann510; 03-03-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:08 AM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 897 Likes on 403 Posts
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by briann510
I have been having detonation problems with the crappy 91 pump gas here when they upped the Ethanol % for the winter Gas here in California in October and as soon as my boost would hit 6 psi I heard the marbles (I go to 10-12 psi). I am buying a meth kit soon but need to be held over till then the old fashioned way with mixing.

A few months ago I started mixing 100 racing gas in with the pump 91 to blend for 95 octane which wasnt too hard to do but today after I hadnt blended up any racing gas as my local connection was out and I was horribly detonating after severely raping a Saleen Mustang I decided to stop by the local supplier (way over priced btw) and buy a qt of the Torco stuff to try before ordering some online.

I added 1/2 qt of the Torco to my 5 gallon jug of pump 91 then added that to my existing 4 gallons that was in my left tank which calculated out to be 95 octane. I drove around for 20 minutes slowly getting off/on it to make sure it had gone through the system then up on the freeway I went.

WOW! Not a single sound of detonation all the way to 10 psi in even in 4th gear. I had several people ask me what the heck I did to my tune to wake the heck up out of the car when all I did was add the Torco. I dont seem to need more than 95-96 octane so I only need to add a 1/2 qt of Torco to every 10 gallons. I order it online now from a member on here thats much cheaper than mixing race gas for same octane ($30 cheaper for 20 gallons total)

Glad it worked out for ya!

JB
Old 03-03-2009, 11:25 AM
itzza427
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Cool!! We get 93 octane here,,that would make your belrd even more affordable!

Get notified of new replies

To Torco octane accelerator I am now a believer!

Quick Reply: Torco octane accelerator I am now a believer!