C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAP sensor relocation

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 05:33 PM
ANTIVENM
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAP sensor relocation

I'm going to install a fast 92mm intake on my 99 frc this weekend and it has been brought to my attention that the map sensor sits very close to the firewall and that I should relocate it... If anyone has suggestions or pics of this it would be awesome if you would share them with me! P.S. I did a search and didn't find anything on this issue.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:56 PM
vsocks1
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lingenfelter make a nice kit for $69 I think. It relocates it to the front near the throttle body. I bought it but haven't installed mine yet!
Old 03-16-2009, 07:16 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Theres a small circular area on top of the neck of the manifold opening just behind the TB mounting flange. The area is for the F Body EGR system (C5/C6 corvettes dont have that system so the hole is closed off)

The kit comes with a blanking plug for the rear hole, a wiring harness to extend the MAP Sensor connector to the front of the intake and a mounting fitting and mount retainer for the OEM Sensor that you relocate to the front.

You need to drill a 1/4" hole into the manifold in the center of that circular area to allow the sensor to see manifold vacuum.

Thats it!

There only ONE little thing that you need to keep an eye on.

The relocation harness on some kits can be connected to the MAP sensor harness in either orientation. Make sure you match the color of the wires on the connector so thay match. If you dont, your oil pressure sensor will NOT work and you will think you have ZERO oil pressure. Ask me how I know????? No harm done but, I did need to change my shorts when I saw ZERO pressure after I completed my heads cam Fast 90/90 mods Had oil pressure all along but had to play hell to prove it.

BC
Old 03-25-2009, 10:21 AM
vsocks1
Melting Slicks

For the FAST MAP relocation kit....

Do you have to widen the MAP sensor hole in the back of the FAST manifold for the blanking plug to fit?
Mine is very tight and not sure it will go!
Old 03-25-2009, 07:12 PM
phils C5 vette
Le Mans Master

Received 234 Likes on 168 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...hrs-today.html

go to the end of the thread and there are pictures
Old 03-25-2009, 11:15 PM
HotRod68Camaro
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I followed this thread.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...-write-up.html
Old 03-26-2009, 05:41 PM
phils C5 vette
Le Mans Master

Received 234 Likes on 168 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Yep that write up will work to.

For some reason, I remember the map relocation parts came with the "screw cork" for the rear of the manifold. I didnt want to drill the front hole to larger so I drilled , measured, drilled , measured, drilled measured until it fit. Once your oversized, you'll have to patch, and redrill.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:30 PM
vsocks1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by phils C5 vette
Yep that write up will work to.

For some reason, I remember the map relocation parts came with the "screw cork" for the rear of the manifold. I didnt want to drill the front hole to larger so I drilled , measured, drilled , measured, drilled measured until it fit. Once your oversized, you'll have to patch, and redrill.
I have the same MAP relo kit as you did from FAST. The rear plug needs to be drilled and it is not a "crew cork"...it is straight sided with a screw that goes in the center. The front hole is not critical....just a 1/4" hole for a vacuum source. The rear hole is the one you don't want to overdrill!! Haven't done mine yet as hoping someone knows the right size!!!

Get notified of new replies

To MAP sensor relocation

Quick Reply: MAP sensor relocation