C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCM Code P1220

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 11:54 AM
mstromquist
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,867 Likes on 1,672 Posts
2015 C5 of the Year Winner

Default PCM Code P1220

Was at KMart car get together last night and was getting ready to leave and I get a Reduced Power and Service Active Handling message. Check engine light is on as well. Got all the codes to clear but 1. P1220. Every time I cleared it, it came right back. So something is hard failed. Looked up google when I had some time during work and came up with Throttle Position Sensor Circuit 2. Anyone else run across this code and have a different fix for it besides the sensor? If not I will get another one Monday and see if that fixes it. Could this be related to a bad battery? Volt gauge in the car was only reading 13 volts while it was running. Usually around the 14+ area. Oh yeah, car would start and idle but there was no throttle response what so ever. Goes into gear and moves forward and back just can't rev it. Had to tow it home and get it in out of the Arizona weather.........Any opinion is appreciated.
Old 03-22-2009, 01:10 PM
Crabr1
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

I had the same issue,I changed out my TPS and all is good now.The only bad thing was I was about 500 miles from home and had to drive in reduced engine power the whole way,I could get up to 55-60 on flat ground,but any incline I would be down to 25-30 mph,on top of it,it was on a sunday so there was no way I could have even got a new sensor anyway,I made it got a new sensor and all is good.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:31 PM
mstromquist
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks for the info. Good news for me I guess. I changed the battery today with the one I know is good from my truck and it didn't help. So I am glad to hear that the TPS will probably fix it. I know they do go bad. My car will not go anywhere though. No throttle response what so ever. Not even in park. I can idle anywhere I want to go though. What fun is that????
Old 03-23-2009, 04:10 PM
mstromquist
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

IT'S ALIVE AGAIN!!!!!!! Woo Hoo...........TPS fixed the problem...

Get notified of new replies

To PCM Code P1220

Quick Reply: PCM Code P1220