C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OBX headers..Can't believe I'm starting this thread.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 09:34 AM
tomurphjr
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default OBX headers..Can't believe I'm starting this thread.

I noticed they are back on our favorite auction site. $599 for the entire exhaust system. Does anyone know if theses are the third release???
Old 03-27-2009, 04:48 PM
ecoman
Burning Brakes

Old 03-27-2009, 07:17 PM
Got uid0
Le Mans Master

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

nobody cares

they suck
Old 03-27-2009, 08:20 PM
tomurphjr
Drifting

Originally Posted by Got uid0
nobody cares

they suck
I know they suck....that's why I'm thinking about buying a set
Old 03-27-2009, 08:34 PM
Y2Kvert4me
Race Director

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03

Was there a second release?

You might be confusing these with the SSAC headers, which are a totally different shorter primary tube design, and not a direct knockoff of the LG/Dynatech system like this is.

Only reason I think people confuse the two is 'cause they're both Chinese junk sold on ebay.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:37 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Nothing wrong with OBX headers or tubular manifold. We(www.abq-dsm.com) currently have this "chinese crap" OBX manifold on a 98 AWD Eclipse making 638hp/620tq. Buy it and enjoy it but if you wanna pay 1K plus for the same performance then by all means go for I'll take my $400 plus that I saved and by more mods. I speak from real world experience not I heard from my uncles, mothers cousin's friend crap. I can post pics of "high dollar" **** breaking all day long. The old saying you get what you pay for well is old and over rated and doesn't always apply when saving lots of cash over the competition.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:55 PM
Sinister-one
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by tomurphjr
I know they suck....that's why I'm thinking about buying a set

Great reply !!

Do a quick search in here. There are several members that purchased, installed them and had great success with them.

I'm all for saving a few bucks anyway I can when buy performance parts for my Vette.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:21 AM
Camjamsdad
Melting Slicks

Location: It's true money can't buy happiness, but it is more comfortable crying in a Corvette than on a bicyc
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Sinister-one

I'm all for saving a few bucks anyway I can when buy performance parts for my Vette.
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you send back your set? hehehe
Old 03-28-2009, 01:04 AM
Sinister-one
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Camjamsdad
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you send back your set? hehehe

You are correct..... but I did get another set after a few weeks.
We all make mistakes from time to time....
Old 03-28-2009, 09:12 AM
Novakain1970
Racer

Originally Posted by Y2Kvert4me
Was there a second release?

You might be confusing these with the SSAC headers, which are a totally different shorter primary tube design, and not a direct knockoff of the LG/Dynatech system like this is.

Only reason I think people confuse the two is 'cause they're both Chinese junk sold on ebay.
Chinese junk eh? I got SSA headers on my car for 2 years now, put them on myself and have dyno #'s and track times to prove they work just as good if not better then "top brand" corvette taxed headers on the market. Just because you own a corvette dosent mean your made of money. It aggravates me that everyone jumps down peoples throats for trying to save some hard earned money.

To the OP, listen to everyone that has the headers and likes them. I have the SSA headers which are "the worst" headers for the vette as some would say. I put them on myself and have no problems(2 years ago and still shining like new). Im sure it will be the same with the OBX system. Good luck! Oh and heres a lil video of the junk headers in action through TI mufflers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFv_wYouOLk
Old 03-28-2009, 09:26 AM
vsocks1
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Novakain1970
Chinese junk eh? I got SSA headers on my car for 2 years now, put them on myself and have dyno #'s and track times to prove they work just as good if not better then "top brand" corvette taxed headers on the market. Just because you own a corvette dosent mean your made of money. It aggravates me that everyone jumps down peoples throats for trying to save some hard earned money.

To the OP, listen to everyone that has the headers and likes them. I have the SSA headers which are "the worst" headers for the vette as some would say. I put them on myself and have no problems(2 years ago and still shining like new). Im sure it will be the same with the OBX system. Good luck! Oh and heres a lil video of the junk headers in action through TI mufflers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFv_wYouOLk
Your burnout would have been 10 feet longer with ARH!
Old 03-28-2009, 09:39 AM
Novakain1970
Racer

Originally Posted by vsocks1
Your burnout would have been 10 feet longer with ARH!
I knew something was off
Old 03-28-2009, 10:33 AM
JW Motorsports
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 265 Likes on 253 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'19,'22

These headers actually look good. Does anyone have a list of what all the extras you need for the early years? There is too much stuff crammed together in the other big thread about these.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:38 AM
81c3
Le Mans Master

Received 615 Likes on 431 Posts

Sorry, you guys buying Chinese made parts are not saving money in the long run. Headers, as well as wheels, or any other Asian made garbage arent worth the money.

Asian factories have no quality control like we have here in the U.S. I have been a hot rodder for at least 20 years. I talk from my heart, head and experience! I have tried everything to save money by buying cheaper Asian parts and they are cheap for a reason. They always wind up failing!

I had an Ebay shifter that was Asian made. It was put in by the previous owner of my car. What a POS! I had Chinese made Z06 replica wheels on my 94 convertable that I had. Inside a year, the chrome started pitting and one wheel could never be balanced, even with new tires. I can go on and on about Chinese Junk, but I'd be here all day.

Anyone who sets a set of LG headers side by side with a set of Chinese knockoffs, and sees no difference, is either blind or in serious denial. Same goes for shifters, wheels, etc. Same with tools. Go buy a Snap-On 9/16 wrench and place it by a Chinese 9/16. I bet you didnt know there were 2 sizes of 9/16 huh?

You ABSOLUTELY get what you pay for, but hey, if you want to buy 2 sets of headers in the time you could have only bought one set, more power to ya. So you have had your Chinese headers for 2 years...... get back to us in another 5 or 6 years and let us know how theyre doing

I understand everyone doesnt have stacks of money hidden under the matress. Thats all the more reason to buy a good quality part, instead of cutting costs on an inferior POS that youre gonna buy twice. Have some disipline, save some money up for the better made in USA parts and youll be a lot happier in the long run.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:57 AM
jgump
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Actually I would qualify your statement when you say "Asian made". It depends on the country and manufacturer. You can buy US made junk too.

Last edited by jgump; 03-28-2009 at 11:05 AM.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:02 AM
fst85vtt
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I actually had the obx but i came across a set of lg pros for 350 bucks so i got them and sold the obx.. In all honesty the obx actually bolted right up with no allingment issues. The lg pros had an issue with the brackets that bolt to the bellhousing I just left the bolts out.. Now these may be older pros and they may have corrected the issue but all in all both are good headers
Old 03-28-2009, 11:03 AM
Novakain1970
Racer

Ill give you a month to month update if you like. If they fail 5 or 6 years from now...so what? I sure as s h i t got my moneys worth and i install all my own stuff. I have been working on performance cars for 10 years and the C5(or any later model vette for that matter) has by far the most expensive aftermarket performance parts selection. Your average cat back exhaust system is $1000! Catback that does absolutely nothing but alter the sound in most applications! Its rediculous. Like i said, it may be chinese junk but the performance out-put of the headers is equal to the more expensive counterparts. Thats the main goal. There are people on here who have had these headers way longer then me and still going strong...just saying. Im not saying choose chinese junk all the time over american but sometimes it may be worth it. To each his own!

Oh yeah and Snap-On tools FTW!

Get notified of new replies

To OBX headers..Can't believe I'm starting this thread.

Old 03-28-2009, 11:20 AM
JW Motorsports
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 265 Likes on 253 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'19,'22

Almost everything is made in China! I import a lot of stuff from China and have nothing but good things to say.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:16 PM
WKMCD
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Jhonathan_W
Almost everything is made in China! I import a lot of stuff from China and have nothing but good things to say.
I had their food last night.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:22 PM
lucky131969
Tech Contributor

Received 80 Likes on 75 Posts

Quick Reply: OBX headers..Can't believe I'm starting this thread.