C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

battery died and....

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 09:52 PM
netster
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Default battery died and....

Well I made a mistake and did not disconnect the negative side of my battery and it died. I tried to jump it, but my cables are cheap. So I picked up a battery tender jr. since I'll need it regardless of what happens with this battery. I've had my battery on the jr for about 24 hours now and the light is still red. The battery is not in the car. Should it be charged by now or is it a goner?
Old 02-23-2010, 10:05 PM
Red99FRC
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Battery tender jr

It will probably take a couple days to charge up the battery with that charger - if it will hold the charge. Keep charging until it's done, or get a charger with a higher charging rate, then put it back in the car, and you'll know right away if you need to replace the battery or not.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:06 PM
Dave68
Race Director

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

You can't get it up to full charge with just a battery tender. You will need a battery CHARGER, not tender. 6 or 10 amps should be fine. Battery Tenders are for maintaining a full charge and should never be used to try to revive a dead battery.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:30 PM
netster
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To battery died and....

Quick Reply: battery died and....