C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B&M Deep Pan.... special filter?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 03:06 AM
GTSLN97
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B&M Deep Pan.... special filter?

I have a B&M deep pan on my 1997 4l60e transmission. I installed it years ago and I can't remember if it needed a special filter. I know it has an extension on the filter but I just want to make sure I can use and OEM replacement. Also what fluid do you recommend? I think I put Trick Shift last time...? Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:24 PM
C5FORFUN2
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 27 Posts

All the deep pans I have used (Turbo 400's) had a longer pick up tube but used the stock type filter.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:50 PM
seadew
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by C5FORFUN2
All the deep pans I have used (Turbo 400's) had a longer pick up tube but used the stock type filter.
Use stock OEM filter
Old 02-16-2011, 02:20 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

I have a deep alum pan on my 98 can't remember the brand--- but it did NOT come with an extended pick-up either---Just it is very important to keep the level full at all times (according to the manufacturer at the time of purchase) the added oil alone keeps the oil from heat soaking and keeps the temps down along with the cooling fins---
Old 02-16-2011, 07:44 PM
C5FORFUN2
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by tblu92
I have a deep alum pan on my 98 can't remember the brand--- but it did NOT come with an extended pick-up either---Just it is very important to keep the level full at all times (according to the manufacturer at the time of purchase) the added oil alone keeps the oil from heat soaking and keeps the temps down along with the cooling fins---
Also very important to get the extended pick up tube. I fried a fresh T400 in my truck because the filter aka (oil pick up) got uncovered. Of course a Corvette probably doesn't see the angles a 4X4 does But high speed cornering and maybe even hard acceleration could move the fluid away from the filter when it is that much above the bottom of the pan.

Get notified of new replies

To B&M Deep Pan.... special filter?

Quick Reply: B&M Deep Pan.... special filter?