C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS Relay

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 04:16 PM
STB
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS Relay

Summit Racing said they had the ABS relay for my 1987 Corvette. After several months of back order time, Summit told me the relay was no longer made. So, I found a fellow on Ebay who claimed to have the part NIB. I bought it for about $55 or so. It was NIB.

Since I posted my Summit hopes a few months ago, I thought I would follow up with the final results.

STB
Old 07-05-2012, 04:31 PM
lucky131969
Tech Contributor

Received 79 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by STB
Summit Racing said they had the ABS relay for my 1987 Corvette. After several months of back order time, Summit told me the relay was no longer made. So, I found a fellow on Ebay who claimed to have the part NIB. I bought it for about $55 or so. It was NIB.

Since I posted my Summit hopes a few months ago, I thought I would follow up with the final results.

STB
Glad that worked out for you.......now let the C4 guys know......
Old 07-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by lucky131969
Glad that worked out for you.......now let the C4 guys know......
Lol that's funny
Old 07-06-2012, 10:28 AM
STB
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You mean my 87 is not a C5? Wow, I have been putting C5 parts on it for years. Son of a gun. I sure am glad you two gearheads are on this website so you can help everyone out!

I guess I got my 87 confused with my 99 and my 2011 GS. Oh well, I thought yesterday was Monday so I suspect confusion abounds.

BTW, how do you correctly spell "gerotor"? Is it georotor? And, do you think 3800 rpm cavitation of a gerotor is corrected when the bypass is at 60 lbs (assuming the gerotor does not produce 60 lbs at 3800 rpms)? Or, could the bypass circuit be in constant incremental bypass? What effect does oil viscosity have on gerotor cavitation events/timing? Do you think the Purolator Pure One oil filter, with its single pass rating, is better than a K&N double pass rated filter? What do you think about a 18 micron absolute stainless oil filter primary filter combined with a .5 micron single pass bypass oil filter? Do you think removal of condensation from the oil is impeded with a stainless primary oil filter? Will 10 quarts in a GS dry sump engine be sufficient in a wet oil change? Do you use your waste engine oil to cook your french fries? Inquiring minds want to know! Thanks again, and see ya in a week or two..................
Old 07-06-2012, 03:04 PM
Dave68
Race Director

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by STB
You mean my 87 is not a C5? Wow, I have been putting C5 parts on it for years. Son of a gun. I sure am glad you two gearheads are on this website so you can help everyone out!

I guess I got my 87 confused with my 99 and my 2011 GS. Oh well, I thought yesterday was Monday so I suspect confusion abounds.

BTW, how do you correctly spell "gerotor"? Is it georotor? And, do you think 3800 rpm cavitation of a gerotor is corrected when the bypass is at 60 lbs (assuming the gerotor does not produce 60 lbs at 3800 rpms)? Or, could the bypass circuit be in constant incremental bypass? What effect does oil viscosity have on gerotor cavitation events/timing? Do you think the Purolator Pure One oil filter, with its single pass rating, is better than a K&N double pass rated filter? What do you think about a 18 micron absolute stainless oil filter primary filter combined with a .5 micron single pass bypass oil filter? Do you think removal of condensation from the oil is impeded with a stainless primary oil filter? Will 10 quarts in a GS dry sump engine be sufficient in a wet oil change? Do you use your waste engine oil to cook your french fries? Inquiring minds want to know! Thanks again, and see ya in a week or two..................
Can you be a bit more specific? Is it 60 lbs of force or do you mean 60 pounds per square inch of pressure?

Get notified of new replies

To ABS Relay

Quick Reply: ABS Relay