C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brand New Mustang Injectors in LS1?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 06:26 PM
anykeys
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Brand New Mustang Injectors in LS1?

Anyone know if injectors from a late model Mustang Gt, 2011-12-13, will work in my 99 LS1 fuel rail? I believe they are the EV6 model injectors rated just under 33lbs at 39psi.

The stock injectors in the 99 are a rather anaemic 26.2lbs and I'm doing heads, cam and intake so I'd like a bit more delivery.

Any help appreciated.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:40 PM
WKMCD
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Not sure on the newer style injectors but I ran Ford Red Tops with my 460HP 346 build and they worked fine. I'm running Ford Green Tops in the 427.

You can find Red Tops for sale all over the place at a good price.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:45 PM
anykeys
Instructor

Yeah, thanks, I know red tops work fine but I'm specifically curious about the injectors shipping in the newest Mustangs GTs.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:55 PM
toddk
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Supported injectors is more a question for your tuner, with the specific Ford injector P/N. A google for the P/N may be revealing.

The tuner will need to populate 4 tables into your custom PCM tune, based on the specific injector's flow and electrical characteristics. There are some libraries of this injector data available, but it is closely guarded from what I gather. Common injectors are usually chosen because the data is readily available (and reasonably reliable) in a format ready to go into a GM PCM for your LS1. The Red Tops and Fast 36lb are common choices for average H/C setups.

Todd
Old 08-15-2012, 09:17 AM
anykeys
Instructor

Thanks, Todd. Yeah, I think the red tops might be the safest choice as so many have used them without issue and they seem to be in fairly abundant supply.

Get notified of new replies

To Brand New Mustang Injectors in LS1?

Quick Reply: Brand New Mustang Injectors in LS1?