C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Defective BCM ? DTC B0605 H

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 07:17 PM
EBM_Z06
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Defective BCM ? DTC B0605 H

Hey guys,

I'm having a problem with my 2002 Z06. I had to change the crankshaft sensor because of a bad starting problem and the according DTC code a while ago. After replacing it, it started fine and drove great. I parked it in the garage for about 2 months doing nothing with the Z06 - battery was out during that time. Now I fired the Z up again some days ago, after putting the battery on the charger before that in order to make sure that it's fully charged.

On the first try it didn't start, just cranking, on the second try it hardly started, running very ruff and dying after a few seconds; third try it fired up instantly, didn't stall this time but rpm went pretty high for some secs then it was fine. I do have to say that the car has a bigger cam, so maybe it takes a little longer for the PCM to adjust the correct idle and to relearn the correct fuel trims.
Anyway, after that I drove for a while. I had the impression the car was smoothing out on the drive. After getting back from the drive I decided to read out the codes on the DIC. Nothing worring showed up besides this one: BCM B0605H which relates to a BCM malfunction that should also give problems with the hatch/trunk and window operation. Interestingly I'm having no such problems at all. I deleted the code and it hasn't showed up in the last 5 days. I driven the car a good while doing the last 5 days. Only other weired thing I noticed yesterday while driving and reading out codes was a RFA No Comm. code. It showed no ill effects either. Since it's a Z it doesn't even have tire pressure sensors and the key fob also works fine. Can the RFA issue be related to my double din nav ?

Anyway, I know that the B0605H code can mean the BCM is defective, so that one worries me quite a bit. I'm hoping it could someshow be related to the idle problems I had when I first started the car up again.

Has anybody an idea what is wrong with the BCM ?
Thanks
Alex
Old 10-26-2012, 06:28 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Good Info!
Old 10-26-2012, 09:09 PM
EBM_Z06
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the info. I'm hoping it won't come back and that it was only from hooking up the battery.

Get notified of new replies

To Defective BCM ? DTC B0605 H

Quick Reply: Defective BCM ? DTC B0605 H