C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Instrument lights not functioning correctly – please help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 08:32 PM
11Series
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Instrument lights not functioning correctly – please help.

Hi all – I just picked up a 2000 C5 today – new to me. This is my first Corvette. There are a few things I need to do to get the car right, overall I think it is solid.

One issue I just noticed – the instrument lighting doesn’t seem to function correctly. When I turn the key to accessory mode, they light up, however, when I start the engine, they cut off and won’t come back on until I turn the engine off. The dimmer **** doesn’t seem to be the culprit – I can rotate it and it doesn’t do anything, but when turned all the way until it clicks, the interior lights come on like they are supposed to.

I am a little stumped by this as it would make me guess the fuses and dimmer **** are OK. Does anyone have any insight into this? I am hoping there is just some other switch or nighttime blackout switch (like in a Saab) that I missed and just need to turn off to fix the problem.

Thanks in advance for your input.

-Tim

Quick Reply: Instrument lights not functioning correctly – please help.