C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FIRST Ever Throttle Auto-Blip in C5Z utilizing Stock ECU - REVIEW

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 01:49 PM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by VGLNTE1
I have it on mine and it works amazing. And my car is a 600 hp track car with built everything, race everything, and I drive it like I want to blow it up. I see a lot of posts here from guys with floor mats talking about why it wouldn't be good. Lol. Don't buy it then.
DIY-er or shop install? 485ish rwhp, 80% of the time track duty, but even on the street I try to rev match. $?.

Last edited by GeorgeZNJ; 09-01-2014 at 01:55 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:31 PM
Laser Guided
Drifting

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

This looks very helpful for optimizing road course times without having to be the stig at heel-toe shifting. Cool product for an attractive price...
Old 09-06-2014, 08:52 PM
Darwin Young
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for posting this thread. I am now a proud owner of the Auto-Blip device for my 03 C5 Z. I can not seem to find detailed install instructions. Can someone please direct me to them? I am a big guy, therefore I can not heel toe my Z with the confidence and consistence to go real fast at Road Atlanta... Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-09-2014, 02:30 AM
JrRifleCoach
Team Owner

Location: Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
Received 640 Likes on 444 Posts
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Old 09-12-2014, 03:11 AM
C5Z06CE
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by JrRifleCoach
Just realized this thread was resurrected. Yes I have used this on a few tracks in Florida and it works great. As far as install instructions I would suggest calling AutoBlip and they will help you.

I have recently had LG Long tube headers installd and a tune done at a local shop. I think they either did not reinstall it correctly (different shop than the installer of the AutoBlip) or the tune was not optimally done. When I was at PBIR just prior to the headers and tune the AutoBlip worked flawlessly. 3 weeks later after the headers and tune the car was erratic when braking hard at the end of the back straight. At about 140 mph and braking hard with foot OFF the clutch the car would speed up, lurch forward and then brake, speed up, lurch forward, and brake in rapid succession. This cycle repeated about every second until you either come off the brake or turn off the AutoBlip. It was a bit scary to have this happen as you approach the end of the straight. So I turned off the AutoBlip and tried it again a few sessions later but the same thing happened. I have been practicing my heel toe up to that point but now I have made it a top priority. Just a bit concerned that some other electrical issue will cause this lurch forward for much longer during a critical time. You are essentially out of control and the car felt like it has a mind of its own when this happened. Quite an OH SH@T moment to say the least. I am going to have my tune checked by a Vette performance shop that specializes in track race cars rather than drag cars. Hopefully they can fix it but I don't think I am going to feel 100% about trusting this until they convince me it's fixed. In the mean time I am using every chance I get to drive on long straights at night and practice my heel toe even more when no one is around.

I will update this thread after I get the car checked out by the new shop.

C5Z06CE
Old 09-12-2014, 10:31 AM
VGLNTE1
Le Mans Master

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by Darwin Young
Thanks for posting this thread. I am now a proud owner of the Auto-Blip device for my 03 C5 Z. I can not seem to find detailed install instructions. Can someone please direct me to them? I am a big guy, therefore I can not heel toe my Z with the confidence and consistence to go real fast at Road Atlanta... Any help will be greatly appreciated.
They are on the website.
I put mine in myself

Last edited by VGLNTE1; 09-12-2014 at 10:42 AM.
Old 09-13-2014, 12:09 AM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by C5Z06CE
Just realized this thread was resurrected. Yes I have used this on a few tracks in Florida and it works great. As far as install instructions I would suggest calling AutoBlip and they will help you.

I have recently had LG Long tube headers installd and a tune done at a local shop. I think they either did not reinstall it correctly (different shop than the installer of the AutoBlip) or the tune was not optimally done. When I was at PBIR just prior to the headers and tune the AutoBlip worked flawlessly. 3 weeks later after the headers and tune the car was erratic when braking hard at the end of the back straight. At about 140 mph and braking hard with foot OFF the clutch the car would speed up, lurch forward and then brake, speed up, lurch forward, and brake in rapid succession. This cycle repeated about every second until you either come off the brake or turn off the AutoBlip. It was a bit scary to have this happen as you approach the end of the straight. So I turned off the AutoBlip and tried it again a few sessions later but the same thing happened. I have been practicing my heel toe up to that point but now I have made it a top priority. Just a bit concerned that some other electrical issue will cause this lurch forward for much longer during a critical time. You are essentially out of control and the car felt like it has a mind of its own when this happened. Quite an OH SH@T moment to say the least. I am going to have my tune checked by a Vette performance shop that specializes in track race cars rather than drag cars. Hopefully they can fix it but I don't think I am going to feel 100% about trusting this until they convince me it's fixed. In the mean time I am using every chance I get to drive on long straights at night and practice my heel toe even more when no one is around.

I will update this thread after I get the car checked out by the new shop.

C5Z06CE
Thanks for the reply. My biggest concern is "what if" going into a turn at tripple digits. Been practicing heel/toe every time I drive the car but its not the same as when on the street. I still want to install this, but still have concerns.
Old 09-13-2014, 06:38 PM
C5Z06CE
Racer

Originally Posted by GeorgeZNJ
Thanks for the reply. My biggest concern is "what if" going into a turn at tripple digits. Been practicing heel/toe every time I drive the car but its not the same as when on the street. I still want to install this, but still have concerns.
I should have some info as to why this happened to me in the next week. Like I said above I suspect it's the tune my 1st shop put on the car. The new shop I am using specializes in road race track prepped cars. They should be able to figure it out.
Old 09-14-2014, 04:28 PM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by C5Z06CE
I should have some info as to why this happened to me in the next week. Like I said above I suspect it's the tune my 1st shop put on the car. The new shop I am using specializes in road race track prepped cars. They should be able to figure it out.
Thanks
Old 09-25-2016, 07:41 PM
Bossdog
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Resurrecting a Dormant Thread.
Any Recent experience using and or installing the Auto-Blip on a C5 Z06?
I found a few threads referencing that the Auto-Blip was not available for the C5. I emailed Tractive Technology regarding the availability for the C5 and he replied that it was currently available.

Interested to here and recent experienece.
Old 09-26-2016, 09:54 AM
Gordy M
Melting Slicks

Received 316 Likes on 271 Posts

For several months I have had the auto-blip installed. Functionally it works fine, the only problem I had was forgetting to turn it off. After 6 hours it will automatically shut off, but I had an older battery and it caused the usual battery drain conditions. Put in a new AGM battery and no issues since. The leaning curve is getting the delay and time fine tuned to your driving style and realizing when you are staging every time you have the brake and clutch depressed it is going to blip on you. Now I am careful to make sure it is turned off when not in use.
Old 09-27-2016, 05:04 PM
ztheusa
Melting Slicks

Received 342 Likes on 213 Posts

If one has to resort to a band aid like this, he should just get an automatic.
Old 09-27-2016, 05:57 PM
Bossdog
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by ztheusa
If one has to resort to a band aid like this, he should just get an automatic.
Do you have one for sale?
That would make things Sooo much easier!!

Last edited by Bossdog; 09-27-2016 at 05:58 PM.
Old 10-23-2016, 07:26 PM
C5Z06CE
Racer

Originally Posted by Bossdog
Resurrecting a Dormant Thread.
Any Recent experience using and or installing the Auto-Blip on a C5 Z06?
I found a few threads referencing that the Auto-Blip was not available for the C5. I emailed Tractive Technology regarding the availability for the C5 and he replied that it was currently available.

Interested to here and recent experienece.
I posted in another thread that this was causing surges on my car and needed to be completely uninstalled. I almost wrecked having this thing on my car. VERY scary. Check out my other posts in other threads about this. Just learn heel toe. It can be done easily in about 2 weeks time or less. I even decpscribe how to learn heel toe QUICKLY in another thread.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:26 AM
Gordy M
Melting Slicks

Received 316 Likes on 271 Posts

When I read your other posts, I believe you mentioned it happened with auto blip on as well as off and after a tune and some engine changes. Also, since that time they have reconfigured the electronics for the C5.
Old 03-10-2021, 01:45 AM
touring2
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

FYI, Jim Mero , the highly proficient heel/toe Corvette engineer, said, once he tried auto blip in the C7, he never looked back. Jim. Mero.
Old 03-19-2021, 03:58 PM
_zebra
Le Mans Master

Received 809 Likes on 533 Posts

Originally Posted by touring2
FYI, Jim Mero , the highly proficient heel/toe Corvette engineer, said, once he tried auto blip in the C7, he never looked back. Jim. Mero.
some people are perfectly happy allowing computers to start doing things for them while others want exactly the opposite.

Quick Reply: FIRST Ever Throttle Auto-Blip in C5Z utilizing Stock ECU - REVIEW