C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to Replace Traction Control Button Bulb?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 08:43 AM
LIGHTNING
Melting Slicks

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

Default How to Replace Traction Control Button Bulb?

I'm replacing stock interior lights with LED's.
Not sure how to get to the Active Handling/Traction Control button light bulb. Also, for the Trunk Release button...just pop the cover for that bulb? Thanks.
Old 11-27-2013, 12:52 PM
jamieo
Melting Slicks

Received 540 Likes on 403 Posts

The complete traction control console just pops off.Raise the center console door and just lift up on the rear of the switch plate and it will come right off.The trunk release switch will pop off easily also.When I did my LEDs I actually put the light in the rubber base of the traction control switch.Didn't illuminate very well with the lights in the stock position.Forum member Tstar has a great mod thread on the LED conversions with ALOT of usefull info and tips!
Old 11-27-2013, 07:45 PM
LIGHTNING
Melting Slicks

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by jamieo
The complete traction control console just pops off.Raise the center console door and just lift up on the rear of the switch plate and it will come right off.The trunk release switch will pop off easily also.When I did my LEDs I actually put the light in the rubber base of the traction control switch.Didn't illuminate very well with the lights in the stock position.Forum member Tstar has a great mod thread on the LED conversions with ALOT of usefull info and tips!
Thanks! I'll check it out.
Where exactly is the stock position of the light you're referring to? It can be moved?
Old 11-27-2013, 11:16 PM
jamieo
Melting Slicks

Received 540 Likes on 403 Posts

It will be obvious once you remove the switch console.

Get notified of new replies

To How to Replace Traction Control Button Bulb?

Quick Reply: How to Replace Traction Control Button Bulb?