C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

header fitment question - help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 01:57 AM
chargedsol
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default header fitment question - help!

Hi everyone - I have a 97 Coupe and looking to purchase some long tube headers. I've read through various posts that the headers are slightly different due to a AIR fitting (smog related?) which changed in 2001-2004.

To further add to confusion - when checking the kooks website, they even break down options into z06/coupe headers, implying that there is a difference?

My main question is - if I have a 97 model year and want to buy used headers - do I need to limit the purchase to a specific header? I'm in CA so smog does matter (I know I won't pass visual).

Thanks!
Old 07-06-2014, 05:07 AM
rpmrollbar
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The drivers side air tube fits, it's the passenger side that needs to longer air tube from the later c5's
Old 07-06-2014, 09:06 AM
jgump
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

No, I just cut my air tube and extended it with a piece of high temp hose. Then I bent the dip stick into position. You can replace both if you like with newer year parts as well.

Get notified of new replies

To header fitment question - help!

Quick Reply: header fitment question - help!