C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heads/Cam build... Help??

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 03:20 AM
dsheezy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heads/Cam build... Help??

Well, talked myself out of going forced induction on my 02 C5Z. Now I am thinking more along the lines of a heads cam build. Currently the car has headers and a vararam... this is what i am thinking

EPS Cam kit
Lingenfelter ported stock 243s
Green top 42lb injectors
Ported ls6 oil pump
Ls7 lifters
Trunion upgrade to rockers
Ls2 timing chain
New crank bolt
Head gaskets

I plan to keep the stock ls6 intake. My main goals with the car isnt so much ET (sure would love to run low 11s or even high 10s) but mainly trap speed. Do a lot of roll racing around here so ideally, I would love the car to be in the 125 ball park for trap. Aiming for 430-450 hp and 400 tq.

How do you guys feel this build will pair up to my goals? Any other supporting mods that I may have forgotten, or would be a good idea to do while I am at it. I am not necessarily on a budget, but at the same time, dont want to spend money where it isnt necessary. Also, will the injectors be enough to fuel this build, or will the pump need to be replaced? Thanks in advance fellas

Quick Reply: Heads/Cam build... Help??