C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

abs and traction control warning light

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 05:43 PM
helocop
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default abs and traction control warning light

I just purchased a 04 magnetic red dream. While driving today I had the abs and traction control service light come on. I have 85000 miles. Is this a schedule maintenance issue. Also looking for a honest mechanic in the Sea World area in San Antonio. I am new to the forum so forgive me if I'm doing this wrong. Thank you
Old 08-31-2014, 07:03 PM
Tela83
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by helocop
I just purchased a 04 magnetic red dream. While driving today I had the abs and traction control service light come on. I have 85000 miles. Is this a schedule maintenance issue. Also looking for a honest mechanic in the Sea World area in San Antonio. I am new to the forum so forgive me if I'm doing this wrong. Thank you

As stated above me, there are several possibilities and seeing if the car is throwing a code is the first step. I was having this issue along with cruise control disengaging; turned out to be a bad stop lamp switch under the dash. I replaced it two days ago after the part came in and everything is back to normal.

Quick Reply: abs and traction control warning light