C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cracked hose

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 09:23 PM
kirt70camaro
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cracked hose

On the drivers side valve cover there is a hose on the top rear. It has a 90* bend in it which has a crack. Can you get just the 90* piece or do you have to buy the entire tube that runs behind the intake. Will it hurt to drive it this way till I can get one? I'm assuming its part of the PCV system.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:03 PM
Dcollins3208
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gotta buy the whole hose. Your car might possibly run lean because of the vacuum leak. I had the same problem and instead of buying the PCV hose I got rid of that system altogether and upgraded it to the 04 style PCV system that doesn't require an exterior PCV valve. Essentially all you do is replace your valley cover with the 04 valley cover, buy a block off to plug the rear port on the valve cover on drivers side (where yours cracked), and a vacuum block off (little rubber cap that can be found at autozone) to block off rear port on valve cover on passengers side. Essentially this system does away with the hose that runs around the back of the intake and into the front port of the intake manifold, and instead a 3/8 hose runs from the front of your new valley cover into the intake manifold, a much better and upgraded design as the PCV valve is built into the valley cover. I also installed a catch can between the valley cover and intake manifold port.

Last edited by Dcollins3208; 10-23-2014 at 11:10 PM.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:04 PM
Dcollins3208
Burning Brakes

For the LS6 valley cover with built in PCV valve: part number 12577927
For the drivers side valve cover plug: pt# 12568011

You'll also need a 3/8 rubber hose about 12 inches long to run from the port on the valley cover to the intake manifold. If you have the LS1 valve covers, you'll need a vacuum port block off (sold at parts stores for about $2) to block off the rear port on the passengers side.

If you have any questions on the install feel free to PM me. Oh, and make sure you have a 22mm socket to remove the knock sensors, I had to run to the store to pick one up in the middle of the removal!
Old 10-24-2014, 06:46 AM
kirt70camaro
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just curious why you would want to do that? It seems a lot easier to replace the hose rather than remove the intake to replace the valley cover. Thanks for the info.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:10 AM
Dcollins3208
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by kirt70camaro
Just curious why you would want to do that? It seems a lot easier to replace the hose rather than remove the intake to replace the valley cover. Thanks for the info.
The largest factor on my decision was the fact that the hose costs about the same as the upgraded system
Old 10-24-2014, 05:33 PM
GoldenFlame
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Dcollins3208
The largest factor on my decision was the fact that the hose costs about the same as the upgraded system
This

Get notified of new replies

To Cracked hose

Quick Reply: Cracked hose