C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

European E-Spec Headlights T84

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 09:51 PM
Joe_A
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St Jude Donor '15
Default European E-Spec Headlights T84

I recently upgraded to the E-Spec Headlights and thought I would post some pictures and information. I want to keep the car as stock as possible so I decided to go with the Euro E-Spec lights. I am very happy with the end results. This past weekend we drove from Western New Jersey to Connecticut combination back roads and highways
Never got flashed and very happy with the lighting performance

I am running the following.

90/130 Flosser Bulbs

High Performance wiring harness and relays form Casper Electroncs
http://www.casperselectronics.com/st...oducts_id=1194

I also upgraded the ends of the wiring harness to a Ceramic plug

E-Spec T84 Headlight housings from Ardvack International cost $470 including shipping
http://www.talbotco.com/cibie_main_frameset.htm

Xpel Headlight protector shields

The car is a 2003 ZO6 so I also installed Foglights still waiting on a light switch to complete the Foglight install.

Here are some Before and After Pictures:

Low Beam Before Install
[/URL]

Low Beam after Upgrade
[/URL]

High Beam Before Install [/URL]

High Beam after Upgrade
[/URL]

Last edited by Joe_A; 10-31-2014 at 10:58 AM.
Old 10-28-2014, 01:20 PM
corvettebob1
Melting Slicks

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe_A
I recently upgraded to the E-Spec Headlights and thought I would post some pictures and information. I want to keep the car as stock as possible so I decided to go with the Euro E-Spec lights. I am very happy with the end results. This past weekend we drove from Western New Jersey to Connecticut combination back roads and highways

90/130 Flosser Bulbs

E-Spec T84 Headlight housings from Ardvack International

The car is a 2003 ZO6 so I also installed Foglights still waiting on a light switch to complete the Foglight install.

Low Beam Before Install
[/URL]

Low Beam after Upgrade
[/URL]

High Beam after Upgrade
[/URL]
Congrats on your upgrade, I did the same mod several years ago and never looked back I find very little use for the high beams except on deserted roads.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:00 PM
john8642
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

How much were the E-Spec housings? I tried the link and could only find pictures of the corvette lamps without any price or order information. Thanks.
Old 10-28-2014, 06:15 PM
FiberglassFan
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats on finally getting these in and functioning. I did mine shortly after buying my C5....e-gads, so many years ago. Could not use the factory lights...crummy plastic junk with poor beam shaping and insufficient illumination...I have been running Cibie and Bosch glass eurospec headlamps in all my cars since 1969...so I had to do it quick to feel nightime comfort and safety. Now with HID projectors we have other options besides these...but so far the T84 are still working fine....I do use high wattage bulbs in mine..so I carry spares..they burn out more often than the standard wattage bulbs. CHEERS!!!!!!!!.
Old 10-30-2014, 01:12 PM
OWENMUSTANG
Racer

Originally Posted by john8642
How much were the E-Spec housings? I tried the link and could only find pictures of the corvette lamps without any price or order information. Thanks.

Same issue...
Old 10-30-2014, 01:24 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

If it uses a white bulb/lens it's a driving light, not a fog light. Fog lights have yellow bulbs/lenses. I don't understand why vehicle manufacturers persist in continuing to push this false information.

The new lights look good, btw.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:14 PM
Smoken1
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 971 Likes on 783 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Originally Posted by john8642
Old 10-30-2014, 06:08 PM
OWENMUSTANG
Racer

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
If it uses a white bulb/lens it's a driving light, not a fog light. Fog lights have yellow bulbs/lenses. I don't understand why vehicle manufacturers persist in continuing to push this false information.

The new lights look good, btw.

Not true, How the lens/bulb refracts? light is what determines
if a lamp is a "fog" or "driving"...Fogs are more like a flood lamp
and driving are more like a spot lamp..

I sell parts for semi's, I sell both clear and yellow fog lamps...And of course, driving lamps...
Old 10-31-2014, 10:28 AM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Originally Posted by OWENMUSTANG
Not true, How the lens/bulb refracts? light is what determines
if a lamp is a "fog" or "driving"...Fogs are more like a flood lamp
and driving are more like a spot lamp..

I sell parts for semi's, I sell both clear and yellow fog lamps...And of course, driving lamps...
White lights do nothing but cause glare in fog. Yellow lights do not.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:53 AM
Joe_A
Instructor

St Jude Donor '15

Some have been asking about the cost of the E-spec Headlight Housings.
I paid $470 for the pair including shipping from the West Coast
Old 10-31-2014, 10:56 AM
Joe_A
Instructor

St Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by FiberglassFan
Congrats on finally getting these in and functioning. I did mine shortly after buying my C5....e-gads, so many years ago. Could not use the factory lights...crummy plastic junk with poor beam shaping and insufficient illumination...I have been running Cibie and Bosch glass eurospec headlamps in all my cars since 1969...so I had to do it quick to feel nightime comfort and safety. Now with HID projectors we have other options besides these...but so far the T84 are still working fine....I do use high wattage bulbs in mine..so I carry spares..they burn out more often than the standard wattage bulbs. CHEERS!!!!!!!!.
Thank You Took a while, but now that summer is comming to an end I made sometime to get it done. Took my time doing it over 2 nights total time about 5-6 hours
Old 10-31-2014, 12:50 PM
john8642
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Some have been asking about the cost of the E-spec Headlight Housings.
I paid $470 for the pair including shipping from the West Coast
That's a great price. Other places I've checked are closer to $600.
Thanks
Old 11-05-2014, 10:00 AM
OWENMUSTANG
Racer

JOE, Is that wiring harness up to the load demands of your bulbs? (the harness ad doesn't say.)

Also, Did you see how hot the H/L housing was after the trip?
Old 11-08-2014, 06:37 PM
dork
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 143 Posts

FINE PICTURES, Joe!!! Helluva lot better than the ones I took. Nice find on that $470-shipped price!

And I don't mean to start a war between HID vs. OEM headlight fans, but I'd take OEM lights and harnesses over China/Taiwan-manufacturing quality all day... even if the OEM's are "only" built to GM-OEM quality and European DOT standards.

Where did you find the Xpel Headlight protector shields?
Old 11-09-2014, 12:16 AM
Joe_A
Instructor

St Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by dork
FINE PICTURES, Joe!!! Helluva lot better than the ones I took. Nice find on that $470-shipped price!

And I don't mean to start a war between HID vs. OEM headlight fans, but I'd take OEM lights and harnesses over China/Taiwan-manufacturing quality all day... even if the OEM's are "only" built to GM-OEM quality and European DOT standards.

Where did you find the Xpel Headlight protector shields?

Thank You.... The new Nikon Camera takes great night shots.
Those pictures are just available light.... No Flash

I got the Xpel from Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/H0603-Clear-He...ction+corvette

Last edited by Joe_A; 11-09-2014 at 12:59 AM.
Old 09-28-2015, 02:18 PM
747jock
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default T-84 headlight upgrade

90/130 Flosser Bulbs

E-Spec T84 Headlight housings from Ardvack International cost $470 including shipping

Low Beam Before Install
[/URL]

Low Beam after Upgrade
[/URL]

High Beam after Upgrade
[/URL]
Joe - I hope you're still on the Forums! I recently purchased a similar kit off a guy who returned to Germany, but it came with no instructions or wiring diagrams. I tried to contact Shane Hairston, the guy who wrote the How-To article on the C5Forum back in 2001. Unfortunately, the email link to him no longer works. I could sure use some help figuring out where the two oval-shaped, 2-prong connectors on that wiring harness go. Do they connect to the original headlight connectors on the passenger side? And if so, what about the connectors from the driver's side? How did you handle those? And would you have a wiring diagram or set of instructions handy that you could copy for me? I'm willing to pay you for any copying charges. Appreciate any help you can give me; I can scope out the rest of the connections easily but this thing has me stumped...
Old 09-28-2015, 06:22 PM
Joe_A
Instructor

St Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by 747jock
Joe - I hope you're still on the Forums! I recently purchased a similar kit off a guy who returned to Germany, but it came with no instructions or wiring diagrams. I tried to contact Shane Hairston, the guy who wrote the How-To article on the C5Forum back in 2001. Unfortunately, the email link to him no longer works. I could sure use some help figuring out where the two oval-shaped, 2-prong connectors on that wiring harness go. Do they connect to the original headlight connectors on passenger side? And if so, what about the connectors from the driver's side? How did you handle those? And would you have a wiring diagram or set of instructions handy that you could copy for me? I'm willing to pay you for any copying charges. Appreciate any help you can give me; I can scope out the rest of the connections easily but this thing has me stumped...
I am looking for instructions have not found them yet. The drivers side plugs get taped up and ignored they are not plugged into the new Harness. The Harness should have 2 relays. The pugs on the harness pug into the passenger side headlight connectors. I used a higher wattage bulb so I replaced the plastic connectors on the Harness with a ceramic connector. I will PM u my phone number if you want to talk in the meantime I will look for the instaructions

Get notified of new replies

To European E-Spec Headlights T84

Old 09-28-2015, 08:10 PM
Joe_A
Instructor

St Jude Donor '15

I am looking for instructions have not found them yet. The drivers side plugs get taped up and ignored they are not plugged into the new Harness. The Harness should have 2 relays. The pugs on the harness pug into the passenger side headlight connectors. I used a higher wattage bulb so I replaced the plastic connectors on the Harness with a ceramic connector. I will PM u my phone number if you want to talk in the meantime I will look for the instaructions

Here are the instructions. Watch the step where u need to tap the screws into the headlight housing this is an important step and needs to be done before you install
the lights.... Good luck I sent u a PM with my number

http://www.c5forum.com/diy/eurolights2.php
Old 09-28-2015, 09:21 PM
747jock
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Eurolights article

Here are the instructions. Watch the step where u need to tap the screws into the headlight housing this is an important step and needs to be done before you install
the lights.... Good luck I sent u a PM with my number

http://www.c5forum.com/diy/eurolights2.php
Yup; that's the article written by Shane Hairston in 2001, the guy I was unable to contact. I'll be real careful with those tork screws and lube them. I have in the past removed the entire headlight assembly; not hard, and maybe it will make it easier to work on the headlight install without worrying about dropping screws into the netherworld beneath the engine, not to mention not scratching the paint!
Old 09-29-2015, 09:57 AM
jackthelad
Melting Slicks

Received 675 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
White lights do nothing but cause glare in fog. Yellow lights do not.
Not exactly true. A proper fog light has a very flat beam with no light hitting the fog high enough to reflect in your face. A yellow lens cuts out a good percentage of the output, hence you will see less glare from a cheaply designed light.

Quick Reply: European E-Spec Headlights T84