C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dash lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 11:17 PM
The Rabbi
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 333 Likes on 236 Posts
2018 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '14,'18

Default Dash lights

Hi All,
Re: lights in the vertical push buttons for readouts like trip,gauges etc. Two of the lights are out. What's this all about to repair? 13 yr old car w/76k is failing electronically.

Thanks guys.
Joel
Old 11-22-2014, 10:39 PM
zachaeous
Melting Slicks

Received 451 Likes on 376 Posts

Default IPC controls lights

Originally Posted by The Rabbi
Hi All,
Re: lights in the vertical push buttons for readouts like trip,gauges etc. Two of the lights are out. What's this all about to repair? 13 yr old car w/76k is failing electronically.

Thanks guys.
Joel
I had similar situation on my 2001 and I replaced all the bulbs while I was doing the job. The instrument cluster has to be removed from the dash to change these bulbs. I went with Led upgrade from one of the forum vendors. JW@JWMotoring.com
Hope this helps. Vincent
Old 11-23-2014, 09:17 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

There is one bulb for every two buttons. They are incandescent and are in a small plastic base. The bulbs can be removed from the base and replaced. The OEM bulbs have a blue tint coating to make the light more White in color. TSTAR a Forum member here does LED upgrades and I bough a dozen of the OEM bulbs with bases from him.

You can also get uncoated bulbs from Radio Shack (#272-1092).

Get notified of new replies

To Dash lights

Quick Reply: Dash lights