C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leak...or not?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 12:01 PM
rocket71
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leak...or not?

A little background info, my '04 Z06 has 6100 miles. It has spent the last 10 years trailered all over to AutoX's. When I bought it about 18 months ago I noted when tying it down to the trailer that the right rear side was covered in fluid/dirt caking. Over the winter I cleaned it off and noted a drip what I thought was between the torque tube and transmission input. I didn't have time to try to get it fixed before the season started. Well, the winter is here and finally got the transmission and stuff out. Not sure where the leak is coming from. Here are a bunch of photos....

LOL. The car as she sits...

Here are bunch of pics of the left side no fluid coverage compared to the right side. Then I am posting pics of the input to tranny, output, etc for reference because I can't see any evidence of leakage. I think it is the overflow tube but man that is alot of fluid.

Right side, gas tank cover. It is the most nasty.

Left side...

Torque Tube output....

Tranny input

Transmission

Vent tube shot

transmission output

Diff pic...it is covered.

As clean as the vent tube area is I am not sure it is leaking from there either now. Any thoughts?

Also, while I have all this out, is there any recommendations on anything I should take care of while in there?

I plan on putting a remote clutch slave bleeder in but from that I am just not sure. Axle seals? Torque Tube bearings?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Quick Reply: Leak...or not?