C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

under hood fusebox wiring diagram

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 11:53 PM
MotleyDrew
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default under hood fusebox wiring diagram

Hey guys

I need to tap into a couple wires under the fuse box in the engine bay. Does anyone have a picture or diagram of the alphanumeric numbering schema?

I need to pinpoint a6 and e2 on a 2001 z06

Thx
Old 12-22-2014, 09:03 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

That info is of no help. There are 3 connectors and they each have pins with those designations.

I would need to know what circuits you are looking for. If you are trying to tap off a fuse and not a relay I would suggest the following. They can be found at most auto stores for a few dollars.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/321412101602

I sure hope you know what current you will be adding to the circuits. There is virtually NO margin in the GM design. I just spent a month helping someone who had multiple burnt/melted wires from the idiot before him who overloaded several circuits and then figured putting 30 amp fuses in place of the 20amps would prevent the fuses from blowing. Well, the fuses did not blow but about 2 dozen wires did.

Wise people take power directly from a B+ source like the stud by the fuse box which feeds power to the fuse box. Additional relays can be added so no additional loads are introduced into the OEM circuits.

I can try and help you with designing a safe circuit to do what you want.

PS: Starting from the fuse box B+ stud there are 3 connectors, C1, C2, C3, in that order. Some FSMs show C3 in the center which is WRONG.

Last edited by dadaroo; 12-22-2014 at 09:07 AM.
Old 12-22-2014, 12:05 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

100% on the mark!! What are you trying to do and why do you need to TAP into existing wiring?

There are usually MUCH easier and safer ways to accomplish mods.

The only time I have seen the necessity to tap into a wire is for a SHIFT LIGHT TAC SIGNAL but again, that isn't power but a signal wire.

Bill
Old 12-22-2014, 01:06 PM
MotleyDrew
Melting Slicks

Hey guys

I am going to splice in some connections for my 2 step to the ignition coils. By doing it this way I am only cutting 2 wires in the same location. These wires will both run through the wot box. These are also the recommended instructions from the manufacturer. This in not for power...just signal

Thx
Old 12-23-2014, 09:03 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Ok, you are looking for ignition voltage from C1 at A6 and E2 which are both Pink wires. These wires are powered when the ignition is in On or Start. Seems it would be easier to just pull the power from a fuse tap like I said in the above post. The fuses you would need to do this on are fuses 18 and 22. These fuses are powered and DIRECTLY feed those circuits once the ignition is On or in Start. If you don't like the fuse tap approach as a permanent solution you could at least validate the design works.

C1 is the connector closest to the passenger side fender.

Hope this helps, if not, let me know.

PS: If you need the actual FSM pin out picture let me know.
Old 12-23-2014, 04:44 PM
MotleyDrew
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by dadaroo
Ok, you are looking for ignition voltage from C1 at A6 and E2 which are both Pink wires. These wires are powered when the ignition is in On or Start. Seems it would be easier to just pull the power from a fuse tap like I said in the above post. The fuses you would need to do this on are fuses 18 and 22. These fuses are powered and DIRECTLY feed those circuits once the ignition is On or in Start. If you don't like the fuse tap approach as a permanent solution you could at least validate the design works.

C1 is the connector closest to the passenger side fender.

Hope this helps, if not, let me know.

PS: If you need the actual FSM pin out picture let me know.
thx Buddy ! I got the wiring done today...haven't tested yet.....I am now trying to tap into the pin 26 of PCM C2 for my last step.

thanks for your help !
Old 06-26-2015, 06:51 PM
Jaws78
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering if anybody had a color diagram of the wire harnesses from the fuse box under the hood
Old 06-26-2015, 08:59 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Jaws78
I was wondering if anybody had a color diagram of the wire harnesses from the fuse box under the hood
Every wiring diagram that you receiced is color coded. Each wire is labled Yelo/black, Grn/Red, Pink, white, ORG, red,,,,

Old 06-27-2015, 06:46 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Jaws78
I have them for all years. What year do you need?

They will be the connector views and not the actual schematics. I have them also.
Old 12-21-2015, 10:04 AM
topdown01
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have them for all years. What year do you need?

They will be the connector views and not the actual schematics. I have them also.
I am looking for the wire that indicates the headlights are on, either low or high beams. Is there a fuse that I can tap into to get the signal?

Thank you!

Last edited by topdown01; 12-22-2015 at 03:49 AM.
Old 12-22-2015, 05:25 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

There isn't one wire. From the MF switch there is a Tan for Low beam and a Light Green for High beam. I could tell you where to locate them under the dash (or fuse box) or you could use a Fuse Adapter to tap into the fuses for the HLs in the fuse box. You would need to use one Low beam and one High beam fuse.

Hope that helps. Not sure what you want to tap into for but beware there is little marginal for adding loads on the C5 circuits. I've helped more than one person who had a fire and/or melted wiring due to the stupidity of a previous owner.

Mr. Sam
The following users liked this post:
topdown01 (12-22-2015)
Old 12-22-2015, 09:00 AM
topdown01
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There isn't one wire. From the MF switch there is a Tan for Low beam and a Light Green for High beam. I could tell you where to locate them under the dash (or fuse box) or you could use a Fuse Adapter to tap into the fuses for the HLs in the fuse box. You would need to use one Low beam and one High beam fuse.

Hope that helps. Not sure what you want to tap into for but beware there is little marginal for adding loads on the C5 circuits. I've helped more than one person who had a fire and/or melted wiring due to the stupidity of a previous owner.

Mr. Sam
Thanks Mr. Sam! The wire would be used as a signal wire for changing the color of a few gauges. I found the fusesame you are talking about, that said, I would rather not have to construct an OR gate to handle both cases. I got a tip from another thread that I just stumbled on that suggested usino the side marker light wire. That should work perfectly. Again, not a lot of current draw, more like an indicator. The gauges Main power will be supplied by an accessory wire.

Last edited by topdown01; 12-22-2015 at 09:01 AM.
Old 12-22-2015, 11:25 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Now that I know what you are trying to do using a side marker circuit or running light circuit would work. Let me know if you need any help on that. Not at home to see where the closest location would be to do what you want.

I agree it does not sound like a concern to add that into a circuit.

Mr. Sam
topdown01 (12-22-2015)
Old 02-07-2016, 01:07 PM
A-A-Ron
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Not to hijack, but I have a ? For Dadaroo..I would have sent a message, but then I couldnt post the pics..im having a Magnuson Supercharger installed and it requires a coolant pump to be wired into the fuse box.I have heard the install using the method in the pics below can come loose or the fuse tab break.
Another installer said that they have wired it into the base of the box itself. I dont know what gauge wire or the importance of the red 10amp fuse with the bracket is and wondering how to tie the relay in more permanently. Im only looking to set up the wire for the installer to tie into.Any help would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to pm me directly if you wish.
Thanks,
Aaron
PS. Im pretty electrical dumb when it comes to electrical stuff, but I ca strip wires and follow your instructions if you can simplify it for me.

Not sure what size the purple fuse in the relay blaock is either.

Old 02-08-2016, 07:38 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Their install looks fine to me. If you don't like the modified fuse (I don't either) then I would get a fuse adapter to hook up the Yellow wire.

Here is what they look like.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-x-MINI-ATM...QAAOSwl9BWG72P

Hope this helps. I would solder (and heat shrink wrap) or use a good connector to tie in the Yellow wire.

Mr. Sam
A-A-Ron (02-08-2016)
Old 02-08-2016, 03:28 PM
A-A-Ron
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks, I have place an order for the Add-A-Circuit fuse adaptor with Summit Racing. You're the second person to suggest that same device. Even Magnuson tech support said that should be fine since the yellow wire is called a "Trigger" wire..

Thanks for the input.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:34 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Good luck.

Mr. Sam
Old 07-21-2022, 09:01 PM
jjgcars
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all. Requesting information on a 2001 C5 Z06 Corvette under hood fuse box. I have codes of No Comm for TCS and HVAC. Fuse 5 is good but not receiving power. I do not measure any voltage across fuse 5 with the ignition turned on or the engine running. If I put battery power using a test lead to fuse 5 the HVAC works and the ABS and traction control lights on the dash go out. How does fuse 5 receive power from the battery? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Get notified of new replies

To under hood fusebox wiring diagram

Quick Reply: under hood fusebox wiring diagram