C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 Anni shocks convert to C6 Z06 shocks question

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2014, 04:43 PM
31coupe
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Default 2003 Anni shocks convert to C6 Z06 shocks question

I mentioned in the general forum about my 50th Anni with Magnetic shocks needing to be replaced due to leaking oil. Vetteman Jack suggested using C6 Z06 shocks instead of the original factory magnetic ride ones.
Has anyone tried this, I am looking for a nice confortable ride without spending over 2000.00 or more for originals.

Thanks for any imput.
Old 12-26-2014, 11:19 AM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

WELL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, The F-55 system is a pretty good OEM system. I don't say that very often on Real Time Dampening stuff from OEM..

If you had the F-45 system, I would STRONGLY recommend getting rid of it! I HATED it on my 98 Coupe!

That being said, have you looked for some good used F-55 Shocks in parts for sale wanted section or sourced some of the Corvette Parts resellers like Vettenuts?/

If you decide to replace that F-55 System, remove it with care and you can resell the parts. They are Highly sought after!

You will need to Program the F-55 Real Time Dampening RPO out of the BCM with a GM Tech2 or you will get handling messages and speed limitations.

YES, the C6 ZO6 Shocks are a very good performance up-grade over stock OEM Shocks. They fit 100% OEM without any modifications.

Better options would be coil overs but, that would be a lot of cash!

I have C6 ZO6 shocks on my 02 ZO6 and I really like them! The improvement in handling was immediately noticed. You will not be able to see much if any normal every day straight line driving difference.

Bill
Old 12-26-2014, 11:22 AM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Call Gene Culley or Patrick at CULTRAG Performance

Phone: 484-949-2099

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...tmas-sale.html

Owner of CULTRAG Performance
OEM factory parts website at www.cultragfactoryparts.com

Gene usually has much better prices on GM OEM parts. See what he wants for new F-55 Shocks.

He also has the C6 ZO6 Shocks for a very good price.
Old 12-26-2014, 12:22 PM
31coupe
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Thank you I appreciate your help.

Originally Posted by Bill Curlee
WELL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, The F-55 system is a pretty good OEM system. I don't say that very often on Real Time Dampening stuff from OEM..

If you had the F-45 system, I would STRONGLY recommend getting rid of it! I HATED it on my 98 Coupe!

That being said, have you looked for some good used F-55 Shocks in parts for sale wanted section or sourced some of the Corvette Parts resellers like Vettenuts?/

If you decide to replace that F-55 System, remove it with care and you can resell the parts. They are Highly sought after!

You will need to Program the F-55 Real Time Dampening RPO out of the BCM with a GM Tech2 or you will get handling messages and speed limitations.

YES, the C6 ZO6 Shocks are a very good performance up-grade over stock OEM Shocks. They fit 100% OEM without any modifications.

Better options would be coil overs but, that would be a lot of cash!

I have C6 ZO6 shocks on my 02 ZO6 and I really like them! The improvement in handling was immediately noticed. You will not be able to see much if any normal every day straight line driving difference.

Bill

Get notified of new replies

To 2003 Anni shocks convert to C6 Z06 shocks question

Quick Reply: 2003 Anni shocks convert to C6 Z06 shocks question