C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New exhaust for my 2000

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 03:05 AM
ManofSugar96
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New exhaust for my 2000

Im running the stock exhaust on my car since the stock has pretty bad breathing, and I'd like it to sound like this

Would Corsa extemes be close? what should i do to my car to achieve this these are the Corsa......

Last edited by ManofSugar96; 03-03-2015 at 03:08 AM. Reason: new info
Old 03-03-2015, 12:03 PM
CaseyJones
Melting Slicks

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16

That red car is cammed. That changes the sound a bunch. A stock engine would sound more mellow. I had the Corsa Sport system on my Challenger R/T and really liked it. Not too loud until you got on it.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:15 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

The type of CAM and the compression ratio of your engine will significantly change the sound of the exhaust from one C5 to another

I had a STOCK 98 MN6 Coupe. It had the base suckey exhaust that I hated.
I purchased an 02 ZO6 and loved the exhaust sound and wanted the 98 to sound like it soooooooo,,,,, I purchased a used set of ZO6 Ti mufflers.

Thought I was all SET!

When I started the engine,, there was a LITTLE bit of difference at idle. Nothing to write home about! NOTHING like the ZO6...

WOT on the highway, was a noted difference but again,, NOTHING like the ZO6.

On a completely different tangent. I added Stainless Works LT Headers and their complete CAT Back 3" exhaust system to the same stock 02 ZO6.
The car sounded fantastic. Nice mellow idle and a very good snarl at WOT. The system had ZERO internal cabin DRONE!

Several years later, I added 12.5:1 Compression ported heads and a nasty cam to the 02 Z.

WOW! The exhaust is much louder and now has a little noticeable cabin drone! Its SICK!!!

Bill

Get notified of new replies

To New exhaust for my 2000

Quick Reply: New exhaust for my 2000