C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 11:37 AM
mmartinez
Melting Slicks

Received 508 Likes on 425 Posts

Default Lights

I recently replaced the orange parking light bulbs with white ones and like the way they look, but when you turn on the running lights but not the headlights and turn on the fog lights the parking lights go off. I was thinking of adding diodes on the hot wires that power the fog lights to power the parking lights, and replace the fog light fuse with a higher amperage fuse, has anybody done that mode?
Old 03-30-2015, 08:13 PM
lionelhutz
Race Director

Received 845 Likes on 721 Posts

You're talking the dual filament bulbs in the front corners of the car? Those should not go off with the headlight switch. With either headlight position they should switch to using the smaller & lower power filament instead of the brighter daytime running filament.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:16 PM
mmartinez
Melting Slicks

Received 508 Likes on 425 Posts

Default lights

Thanks for the reply, I will check on that tonight.
Originally Posted by lionelhutz
You're talking the dual filament bulbs in the front corners of the car? Those should not go off with the headlight switch. With either headlight position they should switch to using the smaller & lower power filament instead of the brighter daytime running filament.

Get notified of new replies

To Lights

Quick Reply: Lights