C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check Engine Light P1416 on after 4 to 8 miles of driving.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 02:05 PM
vetteguy02
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Check Engine Light P1416 on after 4 to 8 miles of driving.

I am getting P1416 code on the DIC, secondary air injection system. The code does not appear until the car is driven for 4 to 8 miles with oil temperature around 160 degrees on first start up in the morning. I can delete the code using the diagnostic display mode, while the car moving. I will not see the check engine light for the rest of the day even if the car is started twelve hours later. If the check valve is stuck should not the check engine light come on upon start up? I am under the impression the secondary air injection system only runs for a few minutes upon cold starts ups.
Thanks for your help.

Bob
Old 04-04-2015, 07:03 PM
EngineeredBLUR
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I understand the way that the secondary air system checks itself correctly, the PCM will cycle the system at steady state speeds after the engine has fully warmed up. I had this same issue randomly in the past, and the chemical fix was only temporary. Good luck, and talk to a tuner to get it "repaired."

Quick Reply: Check Engine Light P1416 on after 4 to 8 miles of driving.