C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield Wiper Adjustment - Syncronization.

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 10:50 AM
Joevette99
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Windshield Wiper Adjustment - Syncronization.

I looked at all the old posts and I still can't adjust the wipers properly. I am opening a new thread in the hope I can get some answers. I tried positioning the little stop tab 5 CM before stop...no dice. I looked at a photo that said the knoch should not be in the slot when the motor is at rest. I adjusted to this photo position. No Dice.

At intermittant wipe stop position, the blades are in standing up on the windshield. The drive side wiper never makes a full sweep. Adjusting by feel is not my strength. The service manual is not help either.

I already wiped out the $100 drive side wiper. SO I need help .

Thanks
I am totally lost...nothing has worked.....at least 25 adjustment attempts.... I am not even close......

Last edited by Joevette99; 06-13-2015 at 11:21 AM.
Old 06-13-2015, 11:45 AM
lionelhutz
Race Director

Received 845 Likes on 721 Posts

There's not much to installing the wiper arms. With the motor off put the arms on so they sit on the rests on the cowl cover. If they don't work correctly after doing this then you need to pull the cowl cover and figure out what is wrong with the wiper motor or linkage. I'm betting the motor has an issue and is randomly stopping instead of making the proper sweep.
Old 06-13-2015, 07:16 PM
Joevette99
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Joevette99
I looked at all the old posts and I still can't adjust the wipers properly. I am opening a new thread in the hope I can get some answers. I tried positioning the little stop tab 5 CM before stop...no dice. I looked at a photo that said the knoch should not be in the slot when the motor is at rest. I adjusted to this photo position. No Dice.

At intermittant wipe stop position, the blades are in standing up on the windshield. The drive side wiper never makes a full sweep. Adjusting by feel is not my strength. The service manual is not help either.

I already wiped out the $100 drive side wiper. SO I need help .

Thanks
I am totally lost...nothing has worked.....at least 25 adjustment attempts.... I am not even close......
Thanks for the reply. I did as you said several times. The driver side wiper does not do a full sweep. and the intermittent rest stop is up on the windshield. 1. I replaced the motor
2. I think the mechanism that connects the two wipers is not being installed correct. But I cannot figure out how it is suppose to be installed. The original wiper motor would not stop so the wiper transmission was in a position where the wipers were stuck on the windshield when I stopped the car. Now I cannot figure out how to position the transmission arm mechanism to its proper position. [/LIST]
Old 06-13-2015, 08:45 PM
lionelhutz
Race Director

Received 845 Likes on 721 Posts

I believe the arm on the motor/transmission should pretty much be straight out towards the passenger side just behind the one wiper assembly mounting screw when the wipers are parked. It should be pushing the operating arm as far to the passenger side as possible which is how the wiper arms get rotated into their park position. Both levers that run the wiper shafts should be parallel and facing to the rear of the car with the link connecting them going straight across side to side. I've never gone past just removing and replacing the assembly to clean the crap out from under it so I can't help on the gearbox and motor. Have you tried Google searching for pictures of the assembly?
Old 06-15-2015, 06:26 PM
Joevette99
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by lionelhutz
I believe the arm on the motor/transmission should pretty much be straight out towards the passenger side just behind the one wiper assembly mounting screw when the wipers are parked. It should be pushing the operating arm as far to the passenger side as possible which is how the wiper arms get rotated into their park position. Both levers that run the wiper shafts should be parallel and facing to the rear of the car with the link connecting them going straight across side to side. I've never gone past just removing and replacing the assembly to clean the crap out from under it so I can't help on the gearbox and motor. Have you tried Google searching for pictures of the assembly?
Thanks for the info. I will get to it tomorrow nite and report back.

Old 06-19-2015, 09:15 PM
Joevette99
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Problem Solved

Originally Posted by Joevette99
Thanks for the info. I will get to it tomorrow nite and report back.

At the link below, picture 8, you see how the wiper motor and transmission look after it is installed properly. However, you cannot install it this way. The parking latch must be about 1/4 inch from the park tab when you attached the transmission arm to the motor. That is 1/4 inch left of the park tab. If you install it like the photo below shows with the parking latch touching the park tab, the transmission arm will not set properly when you shut the motor off.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...rocedures.html

Thanks for the help.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Joevette99; 06-19-2015 at 09:50 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Windshield Wiper Adjustment - Syncronization.

Quick Reply: Windshield Wiper Adjustment - Syncronization.