C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 02:47 PM
Iamchap
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical problems

Anyone ever experience having all accessories on without the key in the ignition?

I took my dog out for a walk while visiting my mother after a really wicked thunderstorm. As I walked by my car I noticed that the ac was running and the radio was on. I thought maybe I had left the keys in the ignition so I tried opening the door but...it was locked and my keys were not in the ignition.

I ended up having the disconnect the battery. I'm pretty sure it was storm related. Anyone have ideas on this?

Thanks
Old 06-28-2015, 01:41 AM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Iamchap
Anyone ever experience having all accessories on without the key in the ignition?

I took my dog out for a walk while visiting my mother after a really wicked thunderstorm. As I walked by my car I noticed that the ac was running and the radio was on. I thought maybe I had left the keys in the ignition so I tried opening the door but...it was locked and my keys were not in the ignition.

I ended up having the disconnect the battery. I'm pretty sure it was storm related. Anyone have ideas on this?

Thanks
GHOST! LOL!

The BCM interfaces with all that stuff. Is or was your BCM wet?

Pleae check that and report back..

BC

Quick Reply: Electrical problems