C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio code unknown

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 03:48 PM
skyscraperac7
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio code unknown

I bought a 2003 vette from dealer and if I need to disconnect the battery my radio will not work according to the book. I pushed button 1 &4 for 6 sec and I get SEC which means there is a code in there for theft protection. Book says you must take to dealer to reprogram it. Does anyone know how to do this?
Old 06-30-2015, 04:25 PM
Johnny wangwang
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

I disconnect my battery all the time and have never had this Problem.
Old 06-30-2015, 04:49 PM
rrwirsi
Melting Slicks

Received 1,216 Likes on 776 Posts

When I bought my C5 in 9-14, I needed to disconnect the battery. But I was unsure if the theft deterrent process was active and the dealership where I bought it from said they did not know if the it was activated. So I searched the vette web sites and found these instructions to get a code when one is needed.

UNLOCK RADIO PROCEDURE

01. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)

02. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds

03. The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this number down. Don’t take forever, fifteen seconds max before the next step.

04. Press the AM/FM button

05. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one.

06. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03 and the last three digits are form STEP 05

07. Call 1 800 537 5140

08. Press 1 then # (pound). You’ll hear “Invalid Code, try again”

09. Press 620529 then # (pound). You will be asked to enter your four or six digit code followed by * (star) [IF THE "620529" doesn't work, try 206053, 202107, 106010 or 202108.]

10. Enter the number from STEP 6 then * (star)

11. Listen to the four-digit number and write it down. It will be repeated twice

12. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)

13. Use the MN and HR buttons to enter the code from STEP 11

14. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to SEC

Your radio is now “un-locked” and usable. The Theft-Deterrent feature is STILL active! If you want to disable it, use the instruction on page 3-27 in your Y2K Owner’s manual. Use the code from STEP 11 instead of your personal code.

Thankfully, when I reconnected the battery, I found the theft deterrent feature was not activated so I do not know if this procedure works. Hopefully, this procedure will work for you.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:23 PM
skyscraperac7
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Johnny wangwang
I disconnect my battery all the time and have never had this Problem.
Then the previous owner did not put a security code on radio. Mine did.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:31 PM
skyscraperac7
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rrwirsi
When I bought my C5 in 9-14, I needed to disconnect the battery. But I was unsure if the theft deterrent process was active and the dealership where I bought it from said they did not know if the it was activated. So I searched the vette web sites and found these instructions to get a code when one is needed.

UNLOCK RADIO PROCEDURE

01. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)

02. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds

03. The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this number down. Don’t take forever, fifteen seconds max before the next step.

04. Press the AM/FM button

05. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one.

06. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03 and the last three digits are form STEP 05

07. Call 1 800 537 5140

08. Press 1 then # (pound). You’ll hear “Invalid Code, try again”

09. Press 620529 then # (pound). You will be asked to enter your four or six digit code followed by * (star) [IF THE "620529" doesn't work, try 206053, 202107, 106010 or 202108.]

10. Enter the number from STEP 6 then * (star)

11. Listen to the four-digit number and write it down. It will be repeated twice

12. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)

13. Use the MN and HR buttons to enter the code from STEP 11

14. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to SEC

Your radio is now “un-locked” and usable. The Theft-Deterrent feature is STILL active! If you want to disable it, use the instruction on page 3-27 in your Y2K Owner’s manual. Use the code from STEP 11 instead of your personal code.

Thankfully, when I reconnected the battery, I found the theft deterrent feature was not activated so I do not know if this procedure works. Hopefully, this procedure will work for you.
Thanks I'll give it a try.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:34 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

If you want to disable the feature you might try reading your Owners Manual. Looks of stuff in there.

I disabled mine since I remove or disconnect the battery for long periods. The idea of someone stealing an old technology device today is like zero.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:07 AM
skyscraperac7
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dadaroo
If you want to disable the feature you might try reading your Owners Manual. Looks of stuff in there.

I disabled mine since I remove or disconnect the battery for long periods. The idea of someone stealing an old technology device today is like zero.
I agree with nobody wants my old radio but the owners manual says if you lose the security code and disconnect the battery the only way to get radio working again is take it to the dealer $$$$$$
Old 07-02-2015, 06:51 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

I guess you did not understand what I wrote.

If you deactivate your radio theft feature you will never need the code again even if the battery is removed.

If you do not deactivate the feature and forget your code you don't need to go to the dealer. Here is how:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ont-go-on.html

Good luck Grasshopper.
Old 07-02-2015, 07:12 AM
Black 03 Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 540 Likes on 390 Posts

Interesting information. I remove the battery every winter and have never had an issue with the radio. I guess that means the theft deterrent was never activated.

OP Good luck getting your situation sorted out.

Get notified of new replies

To Radio code unknown

Quick Reply: Radio code unknown