C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Key Fob TPMS Conversion Issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 06:36 AM
detroitr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Key Fob TPMS Conversion Issue (SOLVED)

Hello, I could use some advice. When I plug the remote control receiver into the plug, it causes me to get "no comm" for all systems with no DTCs. Also the reduced power, no shocks, etc errors. It also pegs the temp gauge and makes the fuel go to zero. I checked the 3 wires and they are correct per the write ups and I capped the remaining wire. I understand that all these systems are connected and when one is grounded (?) they all become nonfunctional. When I unplug the receiver everything goes back to normal and I have a couple dozen codes to clear. I had no other issues with the other systems before. Battery is fully charged. So am I safe to assume that the receiver is faulty or am I missing something.

Last edited by detroitr; 02-11-2016 at 03:02 PM. Reason: solved
Old 01-22-2016, 07:07 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Where did you get the receiver and where did you get the wiring information?

You do have a serial bus issue.

Mr. Sam
Old 01-22-2016, 11:26 AM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Old 01-22-2016, 01:31 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Here is the schematic that you need to PROOF your installation.

Make sure that the wires inside the connector are in the correct locations & are NOT touching each other.

That's about as simple as it gets.

Bill
The following users liked this post:
detroitr (01-23-2016)
Old 01-22-2016, 04:48 PM
detroitr
Intermediate

I appreciate the quick replies, working 2 12 hour night shifts this weekend, but I will investigate further and let you know. I got it from Cultrag and got the wiring info from the page posted above by 8vette7.
Old 01-22-2016, 05:25 PM
detroitr
Intermediate

This is a pic showing how I wired it (I'm no expert). You can trace the wires to the connector. Black/white to the far left with the tabs at top, etc. I will get on youtube this weekend to see how to test the wires with a multimeter.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:48 PM
detroitr
Intermediate

I will rewire the connector per your instruction. I must be in a reverse logic vortex because the pic with the red numbers seems to show the black wire going to the far left pin. I guess the digram of the connector you posted represents the back of the connector. Oh well fml and thanks for the help you guys.
Old 01-23-2016, 08:21 AM
detroitr
Intermediate

OK I took a close look at the receiver and it is labeled 4 3 2 1 and the wires definitely go to the indicated pins. The wires couldn't be crossed before the receiver because it would short without it being plugged in. I totally appreciate the advice so far. I guess I could try to put the old one back in and make sure the same thing doesn't happen, but it was benign when it was in there. I don't have anyone here that I could swap with. Failing that I guess I'll have to ask Cultrag for a replacement, I've read about at least one going bad from the factory on the forum.
Old 02-11-2016, 03:04 PM
detroitr
Intermediate

I just received my replacement receiver, plugged it in and it worked fine (so far). If anyone has a problem like mine, don't let anyone tell you the receiver can't be bad. Just check everything else first carefully. And thanks again for all the replies I got before.

Last edited by detroitr; 02-11-2016 at 03:05 PM. Reason: additional statement

Get notified of new replies

To Key Fob TPMS Conversion Issue

Quick Reply: Key Fob TPMS Conversion Issue