C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guidance Needed for a Few DIC Codes

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 09:58 PM
loufernh
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Guidance Needed for a Few DIC Codes

I have a 1997 "garage queen". Its an auto, with no mods and has 41,000 miles. I have owned it 2 1/2 years and the previous owner had it for 13 years. (PO gave me most of the maintenance records for it.) Currently on the dash lit up is the "check engine light" and the "traction control/ABS light". The DIC has the message "Reduced Engine Power" and "Service TCS". The car runs poorly, when approaching a light it feels like it is going to stall out. In addition, I have a hard time getting it to 40 mph. I pulled the following DIC codes:

PCM
P1516H-Commands vs Actual Throttle Position Performace(TAC Module)
P1518H-PCM to TAC Module Serial Data Circuit
P1571H-ASR Desired Torque
TCS
C1226H-LF Excessive Wheel Speed Variation
C1278H-TCS Temporiarly Inhibited by PCM
LDCM
U1064H-Loss of Communication with BCM
RDCM
U1064H-Loss of Communication with BCM

At my age I don't turn wrenches, but I have a very trusted mechanic who does. Any guidance you could provide on the above codes would be much appreciated.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:47 AM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Start the engine. Enter the DIC and CLEAR ALL THE CODES (ENGINE RUNNING)!!

If you have DIC messages,,, PRESS and hold RESET until the messages clear and read and reset ALL the DTCs.

If any DTCs come right back, post those DTCs and we will help you sort the issue out.

Looks like you have a throttle by wire issue but, we will see..

BC
The following users liked this post:
camaroguy72 (02-01-2016)
Old 02-01-2016, 07:21 PM
loufernh
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bill Curlee
Start the engine. Enter the DIC and CLEAR ALL THE CODES (ENGINE RUNNING)!!

If you have DIC messages,,, PRESS and hold RESET until the messages clear and read and reset ALL the DTCs.

If any DTCs come right back, post those DTCs and we will help you sort the issue out.

Looks like you have a throttle by wire issue but, we will see..

BC
Bill had to work late today. I will clear the codes tomorrow and take the car for a short ride to see what codes pop up.

Thanks for taking an interest.
Lou
Old 02-02-2016, 03:47 PM
loufernh
Advanced

Bill went out to clear the codes and found I now have a dead battery. Do you think having a low battery had an effect on generating the codes?
Old 02-02-2016, 06:49 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by 8VETTE7
Absolutely a bad battery will create all sorts of crazy symptoms including misleading codes...........
ABSOLUTY 100%
Old 02-05-2016, 07:00 PM
loufernh
Advanced

Had the battery checked and it showed only 12.4. Battery was slowly charged and seems to be holding the charge (battery is a little over 2 years old). Car drives fine and there are no lights lit up in the dash and no messages in the DIC. I have ordered the CTEK 3300 battery charger to keep the battery fully charged. BTW, I'am having trouble clearing the codes in the DIC. When I'am in manual mode and hit the reset button, the codes don't seem to clear. Any idea what I'am doing wrong?
Old 02-06-2016, 10:05 AM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by loufernh
Had the battery checked and it showed only 12.4. Battery was slowly charged and seems to be holding the charge (battery is a little over 2 years old). Car drives fine and there are no lights lit up in the dash and no messages in the DIC. I have ordered the CTEK 3300 battery charger to keep the battery fully charged. BTW, I'am having trouble clearing the codes in the DIC. When I'am in manual mode and hit the reset button, the codes don't seem to clear. Any idea what I'am doing wrong?
PRESS & HOLD the reset button, until the DTC clears. Sometimes, it takes a little bit before it BEEPS and the DTC clears.

Get notified of new replies

To Guidance Needed for a Few DIC Codes

Quick Reply: Guidance Needed for a Few DIC Codes