C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idle Issues with 102mm Intake and Throttle Body

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 10:52 PM
typeav
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 48 Posts

Default Idle Issues with 102mm Intake and Throttle Body

After cam swap, Intake LSXR 102mm and NW throttle body 102mm, the car is presenting idle issues by dropping RPMs sometimes when stopping or when reversing. Tuner suggest that a solution was to open a hole on the throttle body blade, is there any other properly solution to this ? Looks like cant get it right through the tuning process.

Running is fine, is just when starting that I have to step on the gas to bring the RPMs up and when reversing or when stopping sometimes.

*All current mods are on signature

Last edited by typeav; 08-22-2016 at 04:02 PM.
Old 08-24-2016, 08:18 AM
CTD
Melting Slicks

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Time for a new tuner. I've a NW 102 TB & it starts, idles & returns to idle rolling or stopped with no issue.

Drilling a blade is a drive by cable method not for a drive by wire as your C5 is. There may be a reason to drill a throttle blade in a DBW configuration but it would have nothing to do with idle & return to idle.
Old 08-24-2016, 10:17 AM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

I AGREE!!! My tuner says, "Any tuner that drills a hole in a TBW throttle blade is LAZY and needs to go back to tuning school!"

The throttle blade can be ELECTRONICALLY opened to ANY position needed.. Why in the world would you need to drill a hole. He needs to play with the idle air table and idle timing.

I am by NO MEANS a tune but I've see tuners (who understand those tables) fine tune those tables for a perfect idle. YES, it takes time and that's usually the issue!

Make SURE that you test the idle with the AC "ON" & "OFF" as it WILL have an effect on the idle when you turn the AC ON. There's an adjustment for that TOO!

You paid good money for a tune,,, make them do it correctly!

BC

Get notified of new replies

To Idle Issues with 102mm Intake and Throttle Body

Quick Reply: Idle Issues with 102mm Intake and Throttle Body