C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch squealing pulling out

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 01:57 PM
bwill03z
Melting Slicks

Received 197 Likes on 171 Posts

Default Clutch squealing pulling out

Sometimes when I am on a slight incline and pull out and the car shutters a bit there is a sqeaking/squealing sound that is in sync with the shuttering. It has never done this until recent. Anybody know what this is most likely to be? Is this a sign of a failing clutch? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:22 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Its an abnormal condition. What CLUTCH do you have?? OEM or Aftermarket?

BC
Old 10-04-2016, 06:08 PM
bwill03z
Melting Slicks

Received 197 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Curlee
Its an abnormal condition. What CLUTCH do you have?? OEM or Aftermarket?

BC
Sorry, pretty sure it is the stock clutch. The last few times I have driven the car I have noticed a faint smell after starting the car that smells like burning clutch. At first I thought I had spilled a little oil on the motor when I did an oil change recently, but thats not it.
Old 10-06-2016, 05:55 AM
ZigZag
Burning Brakes

Received 140 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by bwill03z
Sometimes when I am on a slight incline and pull out and the car shutters a bit there is a sqeaking/squealing sound that is in sync with the shuttering. It has never done this until recent. Anybody know what this is most likely to be? Is this a sign of a failing clutch? Thanks in advance.
Mine had the same condition and it was the clutch. Replaced it and all is well, I'd start doing some research on what you may want to go with. You might want to replace everything while you in there since it's such a big job if you leave something that also needed replacing but you didn't and might need to take it all down again. JMHO

Get notified of new replies

To Clutch squealing pulling out

Quick Reply: Clutch squealing pulling out