C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Borla vs Corsa

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 11:04 AM
tgucc
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OpethMike
The Corsa setup is excellent. I had Corsa on my first C5, and now again installed a set on my current C5.

Even with longtube headers, no cats, and a medium sized cam I have no drone at all. It's a brilliant product.

I went from stingers to the Corsa Sports after I installed long tube headers. Stopped the drone.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:03 PM
0MarylandSpeed
Former Vendor

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

When your ready to buy keep MarylandSpeed in mind. We can get you a awesome deal on Corsa. Give us a call @443-730-9428, Thanks!
Old 02-17-2017, 02:51 PM
BAT
Le Mans Master

Received 1,226 Likes on 539 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by VETTEC599
We have a 99 FRC that has a Borla exhaust that has been on the car since we purchased it nine years ago. It has that awful drone and you can't hear yourself think. I have heard that the Corsa exhaust eliminates all that. Is removing the Borla mufflers and replacing them with the Corsa axle backs easily accomplished - is it plug and play? Or should I consider a catback Corsa system? I am not looking for a power increase - the car was tuned the way I wanted it. I am looking to quiet the car down as it is my warm weather DD and my wife and I enjoy road trips.
I'm putting the Corsa Xtreme on mine in the spring (I'll pick the system up tomorrow). Once I have it done, we can meet up so you can hear it in person and see if that's the sound you want, or quieter. I also have a jack and stands if you want a hand doing yours.
Old 02-20-2017, 01:36 PM
Lisa@Borla
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello Everyone,

When the C5 Corvette first came out, we released aggressive sounding systems for it, but they droned... They were very popular systems, however, we recognized the fact that a lot of our customers wanted an aggressive sounding system that did NOT drone. That said, we went back and designed a new system for the C5 using newer technology to eliminate the drone. This newer technology is what we now use in all of our exhaust systems.

As some of you have already pointed out... if you take a look at what we offer for the C5 on our website, you will see "S-Type Classic" systems & an "S-Type II" system... https://www.borla.com/chevy-corvette...haust-systems/

S-Type Classic = Our Older Systems
S-Type II = Our Newer System

We still sell the "S-Type Classic" systems because they are still popular, but we always recommend the "S-Type II" system to those that do NOT want drone. Here is our "S-Type II" system for the C5 Corvette: https://www.borla.com/products/c5_co...t__140427.html

Customer satisfaction is very important to us and so is addressing drone. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 1-877-462-6752 (Monday-Friday 7:30am-4pm PST).

Take care,
Lisa Carter Volpe
lisac@borla.com
Borla Performance Industries

Last edited by Lisa@Borla; 02-20-2017 at 01:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Borla vs Corsa