C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replaced 4-way hazerd switch-still no rear turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2002, 07:42 PM
Tirpitz
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replaced 4-way hazerd switch-still no rear turn signals

I just spent the last 3 hours replacing the 4-way hazard switch in the middle of the dash, and I still have no rear turn signals. Front signals work at double speed and no rear signals when using turn signal switch. When hazard sw is pressed, all signals work at normal speed. Tail lights work when headlights turned on. Brake lights work. Just no rear turn signals. All bulbs new. WTH? Help please.
Old 10-05-2002, 07:52 PM
luvinc5
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Replaced 4-way hazerd switch-still no rear turn signals (Tirpitz)

I hate those electrical gremlins. Have you checked the fuse for the turn signals?
Old 10-07-2002, 12:18 AM
CCrane65
Safety Car

Received 48 Likes on 27 Posts

I'm not so sure that the 4way flasher works for the turn signals. Always in the past there has been a separate flasher for the turn signals.

cc
Old 10-07-2002, 02:02 AM
SAXN8R
Melting Slicks

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think you mistakenly replaced the switch when you just need to replace the actual flasher relay. I am not sure where it is located, but I imagine it is in one of the fuse boxes either next to the battery or in the passenger footwell.
Old 10-07-2002, 11:47 AM
Tirpitz
Advanced

Default Re: Replaced 4-way hazerd switch-still no rear turn signals (SAXN8R)

I had done an earlier search on the forum to try and find out what is going on, and from what I saw, there is no separate flasher relay on the C5. The flasher relay is part of the hazard/4-way flasher switch in the middle of the dash. My fuses are good.
Old 10-07-2002, 12:03 PM
SAXN8R
Melting Slicks

Hmmm.... Interesting and weird. Okay, maybe someone will respond with the answer. I wish you luck my freind!
Old 10-09-2002, 02:26 AM
best_vette_yet
Instructor

I had done an earlier search on the forum to try and find out what is going on, and from what I saw, there is no separate flasher relay on the C5. The flasher relay is part of the hazard/4-way flasher switch in the middle of the dash. My fuses are good.
You are correct.
Check your fuse box on the pass. side floor for mini fuse #8 and #14. If they are both good then you have only a couple of other things to look at.
Are the bulbs good?
Do you have any aftermarket lighting, specifically the euro kit?
I'll e-mail you a wiring schematic.
Old 10-09-2002, 11:32 PM
lioninavette
Burning Brakes

Location: Ponderables, yes. My opinion, not totally. Preaching...I don't have a pulpit. Fact and generalizations about what I am reading on behalf of what you tell me...absolutely.

Finally, someone who had the same problem that I had!

Sorry, for that...I posted and posted, and no one could figure it out, so I took it to the dealer to fix. They replaced 2 parts, the hazard switch and the multifunction switch. Part numbers on my invoice are 10406626 for $29.50 (hazard switch) and 26075870 for $213.71 (multi-function switch). Total cost with labor was $498.96. Dealer said that the same switches are used in the blazers, and they have had a lot of trouble with them, at least in the 97's. Thank God I have an extended warranty that doesn't run out until next July.

Anyway, all is good now...what a PITA. :crazy: :nonod:
Old 10-10-2002, 02:04 AM
best_vette_yet
Instructor

Default Re: Replaced 4-way hazerd switch-still no rear turn signals (lioninavette)

Part numbers on my invoice are 10406626 for $29.50 (hazard switch) and 26075870 for $213.71 (multi-function switch).
26075870 is the turn signal lever assembly for 97-99 cars. :U
Old 10-10-2002, 09:42 PM
lioninavette
Burning Brakes

Location: Ponderables, yes. My opinion, not totally. Preaching...I don't have a pulpit. Fact and generalizations about what I am reading on behalf of what you tell me...absolutely.
Default Re: Replaced 4-way hazerd switch-still no rear turn signals (best_vette_yet)

Funny...multi-function is stated on my invoice.

Anyway, it fixed the problem...
Old 10-11-2002, 12:34 AM
kp
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 96 Posts

Default Re: Replaced 4-way hazerd switch-still no rear turn signals (lioninavette)

turn signal, cruise, headlight switch = multi function, they are all one switch assembly on a C5. Fairly easy to change but a little pricy, it has a Delco part number and can be had for around 110.00 - could be your problem.

[Modified by kp, 11:38 PM 10/10/2002]
Old 10-12-2002, 11:57 AM
Tirpitz
Advanced

Default Re: Replaced 4-way hazerd switch-still no rear turn signals (best_vette_yet)

Best_Vette_yet,
Thanks for the schematics, I have the FSM. I will check a couple more minor things, if that don't work I'll call Sam Smith for the multifunction switch. Thanks again.

Get notified of new replies

To Replaced 4-way hazerd switch-still no rear turn signals

Quick Reply: Replaced 4-way hazerd switch-still no rear turn signals