C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Difference In Sound Or Performance Between AT & M6 With Corsa Indy's?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2002, 02:52 AM
LIGHTNING
Melting Slicks

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Any Difference In Sound Or Performance Between AT & M6 With Corsa Indy's?

is it worth adding an aftermarket exhaust with an automatc tranny?
Old 10-12-2002, 04:30 AM
YLWFVR75
Le Mans Master

Received 189 Likes on 91 Posts
SE Michigan Coordinator
CI 3, 4, 5, 6, 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'11,-'13-'14-'15
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Default Re: Any Difference In Sound Or Performance Between AT & M6 With Corsa Indy's? (LIGHTNING)

Any aftermarket exhaust will make your car sound better than the junky stock exhaust! I've got the Corsa Indys, and they roar at WOT. But civil at cruise. Don't even hesitate.

BTW, saw your other post about some guy telling you that you will lose torque. Where did he get his info from? :smash:

Do not even think about it. Just do it. You will love it. :D

Corsa, Borla, etc etc. anything WILL sound better than stock
Old 10-12-2002, 07:17 AM
EHS
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: Any Difference In Sound Or Performance Between AT & M6 With Corsa Indy's? (LIGHTNING)

is it worth adding an aftermarket exhaust with an automatc tranny?
Yes, and get the X-pipe while you are at it. The A4s tend to "motorboat" more than the MN6s, not as pleasing because of the rpm range normally encountered.

The X-pipe will help the sound on the A4.
Old 10-12-2002, 10:48 AM
Don&Kelly
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

All aftermarket exhaust systems will make your car sound better.I've got and A4 & the Corsa Indys, and they roar at WOT. But no resonance at cruise speeds. Corsa's are a great choice & very high quality ..

:cool: :cheers: :smash: :seeya
Old 10-12-2002, 10:51 AM
vetterdstr
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
CA Events Coordinator

If you want one of the best exhaust systems on your car, get the Corsas!! :yesnod: I have heard them on auto's and sticks and they sound great on each one. :blueangel:

vetterdstr :cheers:
Old 10-12-2002, 11:13 AM
nevadacoin
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Any Difference In Sound Or Performance Between AT & M6 With Corsa Indy's? (vetterdstr)

I have a GHL exhaust on my A4 and it sounds awesome.. :cheers:
Old 10-12-2002, 12:18 PM
90 droptop
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Any Difference In Sound Or Performance Between AT & M6 With Corsa Indy's? (nevadacoin)

Corsa, but do the x pipe. As stated above, it will get rid of the motorboat idle. :cheers:
Old 10-12-2002, 12:25 PM
Tom337
Racer

Go with the Corsas and the X pipe,you won't be sorry.They should be a factory option. :yesnod:
Old 10-12-2002, 12:28 PM
0-60N4
Instructor

I met someone, at Corvette Country here in Austin,TX, who had a muffler shop take his factory mufflers down and open them up like a sardine can, then empty out the packing and reweld them back together.

He said it was cheap to have it done... and it sounded better than most of the $1000 exotics I have heard around this area. Looks stock, but sounds great.

It is what I will be doing in the next few weeks. (that and the LT headers and pulley, I think.) :D I may be getting addicted to the MOD life.

Get notified of new replies

To Any Difference In Sound Or Performance Between AT & M6 With Corsa Indy's?

Quick Reply: Any Difference In Sound Or Performance Between AT & M6 With Corsa Indy's?