Sponsored by:

[Z06] o2 sensor connectors hitting headers

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 07:24 PM
blakev45
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default o2 sensor connectors hitting headers

I recently puchased an Z and had it on the lift for the first time yesterday and seen that the square wiring harness connectors are hitting my headers. One side of each connector is already melted. What all do I need to replace and where could I purchase them? From what I understand those connectors come with most header kits and you use the rear o2 sensors up front when you do a header install, is this correct?

Thanks for all your help guys.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:13 PM
heavymetals
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...51937_-1_11523

Don't think you can get just the connector, but you could get one of the extensions and take it apart.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:41 PM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

You need the extensions and probably new 02 sensors since that first connection is from the sensor wiring to the extension and the connector end of the sensor is probably compromised. As you're installing the new sensors and extensions slide some 1 1/2" thermal sleeve tubes over the system and use metal tie wraps to hold the now sleaved connectors and wiring up out of the way. You can drill some small holes in the front of the tunnel plate to run the tie wraps through. (These tips brought to you from the school of hard knocks and melted connectors :o)
Old 03-08-2007, 08:54 PM
blakev45
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the help guys. When I order the extensions do I just need to push the pins out of the connector and only replace my melted connector or what? Is those thermal sleeves and metal ties available from jegs too>?
Old 03-08-2007, 09:13 PM
heavymetals
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

You should be able to either use the connector body by removing the pins (push the locking detent on the pin with a flat blade screwdriver), or the whole connector by splicing the wires.

Either way, cheaper then buying an O2 sensor.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:43 AM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by blakev45
Thanks for the help guys. When I order the extensions do I just need to push the pins out of the connector and only replace my melted connector or what? Is those thermal sleeves and metal ties available from jegs too>?
The sleaves are available through Jegs and you might find the metal ties in the exhaust section. I didn't try just replacing the plug because I didn't know where to get one at the time.

Get notified of new replies

To o2 sensor connectors hitting headers

Quick Reply: [Z06] o2 sensor connectors hitting headers