Sponsored by:

[Z06] New Tires -Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 11:28 PM
Texan1Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default New Tires -Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport

Just wanted to say that so far I really love these tires. I had some worn rear wide ovals and decent front wide ovals with camber wear. Didn't go back with firestone wide ovals just to try something different from what I had.

So far, the ride is comfortable, quiet and it handles very nice.

The other thing is, the car feels sooo much faster {not that it felt slow b4 } as the grip is never ending. A 2 to 3 shift starting at 40 mph/4k rpm up to 5.5 or 6k rpm shift point is brutally fast with no slippage. Very efficient at putting down power.

Yes, anything is better than crappy worn wide ovals, I just have never seen a car benefit this much from a tire swap.

Tread pattern is nice and now I plan to evaluate longevity/wear. No burnouts or track use, but the occasional spirited driving does occur

Price was great at DT and there is a $50 rebate right now from Bridgestone.

So far, I definitely recommend this tire.

I got the compliments to---sweet ride, pretty car (from a guy nontheless...pretty--I'll take it), immaculate interior (just detailed it). He asked if I had just put in new seats...nope all original.

take care.

Last edited by Texan1Z06; 04-16-2010 at 09:52 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:19 AM
Edmond
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Very nice!

Where did you get them from?

What did they hit you for $ wise?
Old 04-16-2010, 06:38 PM
Mtnvettes
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased 4 of them at COSTCO; they have a coupon special till the end of May. Including mounting, balancing, nitrogen in the tires, disposal fee, taxes, pro-rated road hazard, and lifetime balancing/puncture repair, $880. In additon, I get the $50 Amex gift card. Since I have about 5k miles left on the rear Goodyear SC tires, I can wait to have the Bridgestones mounted at a later date. This price beat every deal I looked at, even Tire Rack. Only drawback is that I have to go to another establishment to have the alignment done, but I never purchase tires without getting the alignment checked. Bad month for tires, purchased 4 for the 03 blazer, 4 run flats for the 02 Corvette coupe, and the 4 the 02 Z06; 12 tires in all. Good thing this only occurs once every 5 years or so (7 for the blazer). Now I have to replenish the car repair fund. Thought about purchasing a set of Michelin Zero Pressure (run flats) for the Z06, but they do not come in Z06 sizes and a World Class Tech at my Chevy dealer advised against them for safety reasons. I like the piece of mind that comes with run flats; wish the tire companies made them for the C5 Z06.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:25 PM
philadd
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

The RE760s are one of 2 tires that I'm deciding between right now. (Currently on worn, crappy Wide Ovals. Even same crappy wear pattern that you experienced.)

You shouldn't do the dismount rotation on the tires though. The tire is designed with "inside" and "outside" edges.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:06 PM
Texan1Z06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Edmond
Very nice!

Where did you get them from?

What did they hit you for $ wise?
It was Disc. Tire. It was $949 total or $899 total, once I get the rebate.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:19 PM
Texan1Z06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by philadd
The RE760s are one of 2 tires that I'm deciding between right now. (Currently on worn, crappy Wide Ovals. Even same crappy wear pattern that you experienced.)

You shouldn't do the dismount rotation on the tires though. The tire is designed with "inside" and "outside" edges.
Crap, you're right. Oh well, I think with 5-7k mi per yr I hope to get 3-4 yrs from these tires.

Btw, 1 wk prior to getting the tires, I discovered a slow leak on the rear right tire. Turns out it was a 2" bolt with the head worn out indicating it had been on there for awhile. I managed to air up across the street from work and drive to DT to get it plugged and patched. I'm glad it was on my old tires. He said that old worn out tires tend to pickup objects like magnets--which makes sense. Knee-deep in tread you are likely to throw objects as opposed to sink in.

I'm very careful to avoid the trash in b/t left and right turns on the road--you know where all the metal and other debris gravitates--plus I don't have any construction areas where I drive...

I will be getting an alignment tomorrow morning!

Last edited by Texan1Z06; 04-16-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:24 PM
Texan1Z06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mtnvettes
I purchased 4 of them at COSTCO; they have a coupon special till the end of May. Including mounting, balancing, nitrogen in the tires, disposal fee, taxes, pro-rated road hazard, and lifetime balancing/puncture repair, $880. In additon, I get the $50 Amex gift card. Since I have about 5k miles left on the rear Goodyear SC tires, I can wait to have the Bridgestones mounted at a later date. This price beat every deal I looked at, even Tire Rack. Only drawback is that I have to go to another establishment to have the alignment done, but I never purchase tires without getting the alignment checked. Bad month for tires, purchased 4 for the 03 blazer, 4 run flats for the 02 Corvette coupe, and the 4 the 02 Z06; 12 tires in all. Good thing this only occurs once every 5 years or so (7 for the blazer). Now I have to replenish the car repair fund. Thought about purchasing a set of Michelin Zero Pressure (run flats) for the Z06, but they do not come in Z06 sizes and a World Class Tech at my Chevy dealer advised against them for safety reasons. I like the piece of mind that comes with run flats; wish the tire companies made them for the C5 Z06.
Yeah, just did a set of 4 Hankook V12s 2 months ago for my 19" Rays on my G35 sedan--so I sort of know what you mean. The wife's SUV has near new tires so thats good
Old 04-16-2010, 10:20 PM
uberC5
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got about 8500 miles on mine. Wear is good so far, noise is low, traction is above average. Would definitely buy again!
Old 07-09-2010, 11:54 PM
wallifishrmn
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you look at Vredestein Sessanta? Rears are $200 each didn't
price fronts.
Old 02-20-2017, 04:04 PM
scottcolbath
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by philadd

I'm dusting this off because my two new rears just showed up.

They are in fact labeled "inside" and "outside". When I place them side by side, with the inside facing inside and each other, the tread pattern is going in different directions. No surprise there, but it makes me wonder why there isn't a left and right, so the tread pattern is the same on both tires when mounted and on the car.

Or, am I missing something here?

S.C.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:45 AM
scottcolbath
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, I was able to answer my own question, after a few attempts to find the answer on teh internets.. The tires are asymmetric. I'd not heard of this before.

S.C.

Get notified of new replies

To New Tires -Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport

Quick Reply: [Z06] New Tires -Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport