Sponsored by:

[Z06] 2004 Z06 -- Active Handling Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 09:38 PM
EW Old Crow Z06
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Z06 -- Active Handling Problem

I made a 275 mile drive in my 2004 Z06. During the drive I got a message 4 times ("service active handling"). I pulled over each time and looked for obvious issues like leaks, unusual smell, etc. and could find anything. Is this something that owners complain about. I got this same message about 6 months ago and took it to the local dealer and they couldn't even find a trace of the code. Can you help?
Old 04-10-2011, 11:11 PM
GCMan
Instructor

Mine did the same at my first autocross. I didn't have any problems during the autocross as the abs still worked but not the active handling intrusion. I followed the proceedure posted somewhere on these forums in autocross and road racing (the link that has everything you would ever ask about our cars) and read the codes and cleared them all and have never had any problems with that message. Try that and see if they all go away.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:29 PM
BumbleZ
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What codes did you get? If you got the infamous 1214, you will need to have the EBCM repaired. Many of us have had to go through this. It's a fairly simple R&R and you send it to ABSfixer for about a 150 bucks and you will be good to go.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:34 AM
EW Old Crow Z06
3rd Gear

Thanks for the advise. If you come accross the link will you send it to me.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:36 AM
EW Old Crow Z06
3rd Gear

I do not know how to check the codes. This is only the second problem that I have had with my Z06 since I bought it brand new. Pretty good I'd say for 81,235 miles. But I want to resolve this. What/who is the ABSfixer?
Old 04-11-2011, 07:11 AM
Oleman
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by EW Old Crow Z06
I do not know how to check the codes. This is only the second problem that I have had with my Z06 since I bought it brand new. Pretty good I'd say for 81,235 miles. But I want to resolve this. What/who is the ABSfixer?
ABS Fixer repairs these ECBM Modules Google him all of his info is on his web page. I had him do mine a coulpe of years ago good work, and fast.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:14 AM
wdethomas
Heel & Toe

autoecu.com is cheaper and offer a lifetime warranty. Had it fixed there.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:43 AM
wildwall
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EW Old Crow Z06
I made a 275 mile drive in my 2004 Z06. During the drive I got a message 4 times ("service active handling"). I pulled over each time and looked for obvious issues like leaks, unusual smell, etc. and could find anything. Is this something that owners complain about. I got this same message about 6 months ago and took it to the local dealer and they couldn't even find a trace of the code. Can you help?
Top two c5 problems- EBCM and column lock. Get a colum lock bypass before you have to post here that the lock is stuck.

lifetime warranty and specializes in the C5- absfixer.com
Old 04-11-2011, 02:01 PM
tlove32
Melting Slicks

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

To check the codes:
Turn the key to the ON position, but don't start the engine. Hold the OPTIONS button down, and press the FUEL button 4 times. This will get you into the CODES section of the DIC. The computer will automatically display all the codes your car has created. It will cycle through each code every 3 seconds. Any code that ends in H is a history code (something that has occured in the past) but is fine now. Once the computer has finished going through all of it's codes, press RESET to enter Manual Configuration mode. It should start with a module and show "NO CODES" or "# CODES".

To optionally reset the codes once in manual mode, press and hold RESET until it displays "NO CODES". Press OPTIONS to go to the next module. Repeat the steps until you have reset the codes in all the computer modules

Get notified of new replies

To 2004 Z06 -- Active Handling Problem

Quick Reply: [Z06] 2004 Z06 -- Active Handling Problem