C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Navigation Display Outage

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 06:30 PM
LOUSVETTE
NCM Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
I am not showing a TSB when I do a quick search. However, I am not a technician, so I can't say for sure. If your vehicle is still under warranty, I would suggest just taking it in. The dealer has access to the same information as I do and will be more familiar with the problem. If they have a problem diagnosing this, please let me know. I can than push to have the dealer involve our technical service team.

Geoff Allen
Chevrolet Customer Service
Thanks for the reply
Old 04-29-2010, 06:43 PM
Fp8950
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happened to me for the first time last week.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:04 AM
LOUSVETTE
NCM Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks for the help
Old 05-01-2010, 11:23 AM
diverdan
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 16 Posts

Mine has done this a few times as well. It's nice to know there's a fix.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Snagle
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an appointment with my dealer to get the update. Even though I am now out of warranty, the problem was documented during my warranty period; the dealer said they would take care of it.

It seems the new GM is more customer service oriented. I am impressed with Chevrolet Customer Service; they contacted me after reading my post here in the forum.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:00 AM
LOUSVETTE
NCM Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Snagle
I have an appointment with my dealer to get the update. Even though I am now out of warranty, the problem was documented during my warranty period; the dealer said they would take care of it.

It seems the new GM is more customer service oriented. I am impressed with Chevrolet Customer Service; they contacted me after reading my post here in the forum.
Did you ever get the update?
Old 05-11-2010, 09:23 AM
Jordan_G
Heel & Toe

I'm curious on this as well as my '06 has done the same. Obviously a long shot but is there any way an every day Joe can order (or even longer shot - download) this disc to update ourselves?
Old 05-20-2010, 08:50 AM
LOUSVETTE
NCM Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Went to the Chevy dealer yesterday and they did the software update. Time will tell if that fixes that sporadic problem.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:44 PM
MalaysianMenace
Instructor

Default Same same

Originally Posted by G00SEiv
My 09 occassionally does this... It can get very annoying.

The screen is completely black, you can still hear music and touch the blank screen. Touching the screen will activate the normal commands. I find that this happens if the car sits for an extended period of time, and the screen has always came back on after a few cycles of turning the car off and on.

If it continues I will get the unit replace. My front left Bose speaker is already shot and I had to have that ordered and the dealer has to replace it.... I have 4500 miles on the car, and am already having some stereo issues.... I hope it doesn't continue.
What a coincidence. Both exact issues happened to me today! Nav screen shutoff AND left Bose speaker pops! Chances are the two may be related. For me the screen shutoff issue happened first.

I found a workaround for the screen issue was to say the voice command "screen off", wait for the acknowledgement, and then press the NAV button which turns on the screen.

Thanks for the service bulletin information. Hopefully I'll get this applied while they replace the speaker ...

I have a 2008 coupe with 3 months remaining on the factory waranty.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:29 PM
sckennedy52
Intermediate

Default Blank Navigation Screen

I've had the same problem lately with my 07 Coupe. Most times, comes back to life on next restart of car, but that also failed today. By coincidence, noticed that the window indexing was off. So re-indexed the windows and then restarted the car - nav came back on.

Don't know if it's related, especially given the TSB, but thought I'd pass along.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:41 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,051 Likes on 1,362 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Dealer did the bulletin on my car last week, it took them a while to get the update disc in 'cause they had lost their original.

Everything working normally so far, but it hasn't been below freezing in our garage yet this winter.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:24 PM
Thrill6
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had similar issues with my 2007 which is out of warranty. Anyone know what the cost is to have the fix applied?
Old 11-09-2010, 10:41 PM
RedRCKT
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks for the great information...yesterday started my 2010 GS with 1900 miles on it after 3 weeks parked and no screen (same indications as above posts)...restarted no fix, drove to Lowes, came out, started...working fine. Will take to dealer for radio software fix.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:59 PM
GMJim
Drifting

Received 230 Likes on 152 Posts

My 2010 GS 10,000 miles has the same problem. Blank Nav/Radio screen. I'll have to call the dealer to arrange an update too.
Jim
Old 05-31-2011, 04:17 PM
Red89gt
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Grrrr, ditto, after my 2010 GS sits for awhile, which has been common here the last few months of monsoon rain, the screen is blank on start up. Shut the car off and restart and it is fine and is fine the rest of the day I drive the car.

I will see if my dealer can do this update hopefully while I wait if they let me schedule an appointment. They will have to apply this update on my word, should know my customer service level shortly pending how this pans out. I am glad it is an easy fix if the software does the trick.

Ideally I wish I could get my hands on the update file to burn a cd and just do it myself and save the trip.

Last edited by Red89gt; 05-31-2011 at 04:21 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:03 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,051 Likes on 1,362 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Gearhead Jim
Dealer did the bulletin on my car last week, it took them a while to get the update disc in 'cause they had lost their original.

Everything working normally so far, but it hasn't been below freezing in our garage yet this winter.
This thread will probably be locked pretty soon because of age, but our nav screen worked fine for the dozen or so times I started it in cold weather this year.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:03 AM
Red89gt
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Thank you Jim.
Hopefully the thread won't get locked as I used the search and found the exact condition I am dealing with in my car. Wondering if anyone else that posted on here had success with the new update?

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Navigation Display Outage

Old 09-18-2012, 08:29 AM
kellyhalloran
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
Hello,

I apologize that you are experiencing trouble with your system. I see that you have taken it to the dealership with no resolution. I am going to send you a private message for more information.

Geoff Allen
Chevrolet Customer Service
good morning, i hope you can help me. i have a 2007 c6. the nav screen is blank. everything works, just cant see the screen. i took it to the dealer and gave them the info that there is a update software # 09-08-44-019. and the TSB on this #09080844019. they told me they cant locate the disc and that it is obsolete and they said they dont know what else to tell me. i have a buyer for this car. and a 2013 on thier lot i would like to purchase. i would think they would put a little more effort in to fixing my nav. but they are not. they said they would see what they could do and call me today. i told them to contact thier zone service director to see if he could help and he said the guy is unavailable until next week. my buyer is in georgia, the dealer is in florida and i need to get this car up to this buyer with a working nav asap. can you please help me. my direct phone is 239-895-5533. i need to tell this dealer where to get this update disc since they apparently cant seem to find one. thank you very much. my direct email is kellyhalloranrn@gmail.com
Old 09-19-2012, 02:09 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

kellyhalloran,

Could you send me your information (name, number, address, VIN, current mileage, involved dealers) so I can look into this information?

Thank you,

Evan, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 01-16-2013, 07:15 PM
john.c.bauer@me.com
Intermediate

Default 2005 C6 radio/nav out. No sound. nothing.

My radio/nav unit has gone out. It doesn't come on after restating the car either. It is cold out but the car has warmed up to normal temp for a long period of time giving the unit time to get to room temp and still will not respond. I have removed the battery cable with no help too. I have also pulled the fuse to check it and still no response. With the radio system down I have no sound for car noises like when you press buttons, warnings, seat belt off and the like. Would the below freezing temps have anything to do with this problem?

Quick Reply: C6 Navigation Display Outage