C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 09:32 AM
ospreycorvette
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Porsche Seats

Latest issue of Road and Track show the new 911 and the seats, they like the seats and they look like the Vettes , they do not look special yet they like them, what a joke. Look at the pic.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:35 AM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Is this post serious?

How the seat looks? You don't think that it MIGHT be with how the seat performs? They hold you MUCH tighter compared to the trash that was put in our cars.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:44 AM
ospreycorvette
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have sat in them in the past and they are not much different, I like the seats for the street in the Vette, if you race change the seats.
I think the Vette has a bad rap for street seats.
In fact the article says the old seats had a pinch point, never heard that from the mags before.
Double standard to me.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:04 AM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68
Is this post serious?

How the seat looks? You don't think that it MIGHT be with how the seat performs? They hold you MUCH tighter compared to the trash that was put in our cars.
That's not my impression from (somewhat older) Porsche seats I've sat in. IMO they might hold one slightly better but not all that much. Sure, the Corvette seats could be improved upon but I don't think they're "trash" either. Considering the more mature Corvette clientele and how Corvettes are typically used I understand why Corvette seats are designed the way they are.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:27 AM
Vel-Yellowc6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wayne O
That's not my impression from (somewhat older) Porsche seats I've sat in. IMO they might hold one slightly better but not all that much. Sure, the Corvette seats could be improved upon but I don't think they're "trash" either. Considering the more mature Corvette clientele and how Corvettes are typically used I understand why Corvette seats are designed the way they are.
American cars are all designed to fit tall overweight american people. Just a simple fact. Prove me wrong if u can
Old 01-12-2012, 10:29 AM
Raazor
Goon Squad King of Battle

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 920 Likes on 356 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13x3- '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Originally Posted by Vel-Yellowc6
American cars are all designed to fit tall overweight american people. Just a simple fact. Prove me wrong if u can
especially the Corvette
Old 01-12-2012, 10:37 AM
Vel-Yellowc6
Racer

Originally Posted by Raazor
especially the Corvette
Ever tried to sit in a s2000? The vette is made for 250 + lb people. S2000 well I'm 6'4 and I couldn't even sit in it much less drive it
Old 01-12-2012, 10:39 AM
Raazor
Goon Squad King of Battle

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 920 Likes on 356 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13x3- '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Originally Posted by Vel-Yellowc6
Ever tried to sit in a s2000? The vette is made for 250 + lb people. S2000 well I'm 6'4 and I couldn't even sit in it much less drive it
is that a honda? No I haven't. but i sat in a GTR and feels a little cramped
Old 01-12-2012, 10:41 AM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

GTR is a snug fit...not for fat people
Old 01-12-2012, 10:41 AM
Vel-Yellowc6
Racer

Yea the honda. Ever sit in a 370z? I felt like a giant in smurf land.

But my Titan is built perfect for my fat ***. So I guess imports aren't all bad
Old 01-12-2012, 10:43 AM
Vel-Yellowc6
Racer

Wait do they have a Titan in japan? Probably not.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:44 AM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm not sure what seats you sat in, but my dad's 997 Turbo seats squeeze your kidneys, lol. I'm ~180 with 32" waist and 44" chest and fit very snug in them.

I slide around in my vette's seats.

I understand why they're made the way they are as well. Most of the demographic are older, overweight males. I'm the exact opposite of that demographic and wish I could've ordered my car from the factory with a better seat option.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:11 PM
CO Lightfoot
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

...but i sat in a GTR and feels a little cramped
Bring extra pants for a Lotus...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWBBN4uzvaQ
Old 01-12-2012, 03:23 PM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

I have never understood the seat thing either. If you want a real confining sports seat so that you can run at the track with high g forces there are aftermarket seats available. The demographic for this car is not some athletic race car driver. GM has to be careful that they don't design the C7 seats for the wrong customer base because if the buyer can't fit in the seat he won't be buying the car.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:27 PM
niteriderc5
Safety Car

Im sorry you cant judge a seat by looking at it. The Corvette seats in general even the new 2012 models look supportive but they are in fact not. They have a cheap structure ( or lack of) and soft bolstering for the bottom cushion.

A good seat doesn't have to feel cramped to be supportive. Try sitting in a new Camaro...those seats are HUGE, I'm assuming they are quite accommodating for even plus size. Im a medium build and those felt more solid than any Corvette seat I've ever sat in.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:28 PM
Snakes & Arrows
Pro

Originally Posted by b4i4getit
I have never understood the seat thing either. If you want a real confining sports seat so that you can run at the track with high g forces there are aftermarket seats available. The demographic for this car is not some athletic race car driver. GM has to be careful that they don't design the C7 seats for the wrong customer base because if the buyer can't fit in the seat he won't be buying the car.
Great point. What would be sad is to design the seats the way C&D would want them to. Then C&D would just find something else not to like about the American made Corvette. Take a Corvette throw some BMW badges on it, and C&D would have it as car of the year.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:34 PM
niteriderc5
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Snakes & Arrows
Great point. What would be sad is to design the seats the way C&D would want them to. Then C&D would just find something else not to like about the American made Corvette. Take a Corvette throw some BMW badges on it, and C&D would have it as car of the year.
Uh no - when a $40k sport sedan holds you solidly in place during instrumented performance testing and is comfortable on the way back to the office why should the Corvette be any less of a performer in that regard?

Face it, you may not care much for the seats lack of structural support but these guys putting Corvettes to the pace and using them the way they were engineered to be driven have a more credible opinion on the seats than you and me

Get notified of new replies

To Porsche Seats

Old 01-12-2012, 03:39 PM
Snakes & Arrows
Pro

Originally Posted by niteriderc5
Uh no - when a $40k sport sedan holds you solidly in place during instrumented performance testing and is comfortable on the way back to the office why should the Corvette be any less of a performer in that regard?

Face it, you may not care much for the seats lack of structural support but these guys putting Corvettes to the pace and using them the way they were engineered to be driven have a more credible opinion on the seats than you and me
If you find C&D a credible source, then thats on you. You may just be interested in this slightly used bridge I have for sale.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:40 PM
STINGREYES
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

The wife says The GS seats are allot more comfortable then The XLR that's all the pleasing That I need to do... DONE
Old 01-12-2012, 04:30 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ospreycorvette
I have sat in them in the past and they are not much different, I like the seats for the street in the Vette, if you race change the seats.
I think the Vette has a bad rap for street seats.
In fact the article says the old seats had a pinch point, never heard that from the mags before.
Double standard to me.
Originally Posted by Snakes & Arrows
Exactly.

Quick Reply: Porsche Seats