C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Phoenix area scene

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 10:21 AM
chaver450
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Phoenix area scene

Am considering a job in the Phoenix area. I'm coming from central Texas where speed shops are everywhere. What is like there as far as performance shops go? Lots to choose from? Reputable?
Old 10-08-2012, 10:35 AM
y2krtaf
Racer

Originally Posted by chaver450
Am considering a job in the Phoenix area. I'm coming from central Texas where speed shops are everywhere. What is like there as far as performance shops go? Lots to choose from? Reputable?
Yes and yes.
Check out Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts forum.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:50 AM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm in Tucson but I've used a couple different performance shops in the Phoenix area. For me, where I take my car is to a large extent determined by what I'm doing to the car (I've even taken my car to shops in Dallas on a couple ocassions). Xtreme Motorsports in Tempe has been around a while. Several of my Corvette racing friends have used Flat Out Motorsports for certain things. BDM Motorsports in Tempe might be worth checking into. I suggest you contact Arizona Corvette Racing (search for their web site) and ask what shops they might recommend. Most of our members are in the Phoenix area.

If you're into running road courses there's a very active Corvette racing community in Phoenix and southern Arizona. I run with NASA and Proautosports....they run events monthly pretty much all year long. SCCA is also active in the area. If you're interested in getting your car on a track and you'd like additional information PM me. I'd be glad to help. Good luck!
Old 10-08-2012, 01:19 PM
chaver450
Instructor

Originally Posted by Wayne O
I'm in Tucson but I've used a couple different performance shops in the Phoenix area. For me, where I take my car is to a large extent determined by what I'm doing to the car (I've even taken my car to shops in Dallas on a couple ocassions). Xtreme Motorsports in Tempe has been around a while. Several of my Corvette racing friends have used Flat Out Motorsports for certain things. BDM Motorsports in Tempe might be worth checking into. I suggest you contact Arizona Corvette Racing (search for their web site) and ask what shops they might recommend. Most of our members are in the Phoenix area.

If you're into running road courses there's a very active Corvette racing community in Phoenix and southern Arizona. I run with NASA and Proautosports....they run events monthly pretty much all year long. SCCA is also active in the area. If you're interested in getting your car on a track and you'd like additional information PM me. I'd be glad to help. Good luck!

Very informative. Thank you.

Get notified of new replies

To Phoenix area scene

Quick Reply: Phoenix area scene