C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Attempted break-in

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 12:18 PM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm sorry about the damage and the attempted break-in. I'm glad they stopped short of actually getting-in the car. Was there anything of value visible inside the car? If the Landlord (management?) has been aware of the broken gate for a year and failed to fix it I'd ask them where do I submit my claim. I wouldn't expect that to go anywhere but it might motivate them to fix the security gate. Good luck on the repairs.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:19 PM
brooklync5
Le Mans Master

Received 488 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by New Corvette Guy
I know, but it could have helped. It's what we are paying for and it would be nice if it worked.
I agree. My girlfriends parent house is in a gated community. I actually lived on there as well about 10 years ago. The gate was broken then and still is till this day. It's amazing you pay all this money for maintenance and the privilege of living in a gated community which is supposed to be protected from the outside scum like the one that tried to break into your car and they can't simply fix a gate. I actually told my future mother in law not to pay her maintenance any more along with about 10 other neighbors to try to get some issues fixed in a timely manner. Sorry about your car.
Old 05-12-2013, 01:09 PM
Jimmy52
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Our complex is suppose to be gated and they have not fixed the gate in over a year. Time to sick the lawyer on them now. The reason we moved here is because it is suppose to be a gated community.

Better check your bylaws in your community. Something tells me their not responsible whatsoever. Good luck with your repairs though
Old 05-12-2013, 01:38 PM
ArcticC7
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wayback
What did they dent? Our cars cant dent.
Did they chip or brake a piece off?

Anyway glad they did not smash a window and destroy the interior trying to start it.
The SMC can indeed dent/gouge
Old 05-12-2013, 02:06 PM
Ludedude
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brooklync5
I agree. My girlfriends parent house is in a gated community. I actually lived on there as well about 10 years ago. The gate was broken then and still is till this day. It's amazing you pay all this money for maintenance and the privilege of living in a gated community which is supposed to be protected from the outside scum like the one that tried to break into your car and they can't simply fix a gate. I actually told my future mother in law not to pay her maintenance any more along with about 10 other neighbors to try to get some issues fixed in a timely manner. Sorry about your car.
Gates protect you just like laws prevent crime from happening.

Time to stop and wake up.

To the OP, sorry about your car. Scumbags suck.
Old 05-12-2013, 02:13 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I live in a 55 and over gated community and I can tell you the gate is a total waste. The cars with out an opener line up outside and follow a resident in. The only way to stop them is with a guard.

Quick Reply: Attempted break-in