C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed my wind restrictor/deflector

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 10:51 AM
Jays08Vert
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed my wind restrictor/deflector

First time vert owners, and my wife has really long hair and resembled Cousin Itt on drives with the top down, so I decided to buy the deflector first. It helped a little, but not nearly enough to make her happy, so I went with the illuminated wind restrictor. Installation took a couple hours, and I'm not very mechanically inclined. We took it out for a ride last night, and the difference is pretty amazing. My wife's hair wasn't blowing all over the place and we could hold a conversation at 70 with ease. And the illuminated etching on the back is pretty neat looking. GREAT customer service as well. My only complaint, and it's not that big a deal, is my nav stereo reflects off the wind restrictor when looking in the rearview mirror. But, I knew this going in, and it's not a big issue.

Few pics:

Old 08-28-2014, 11:35 AM
Vito56
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been thinking about purchasing a wind deflector and maybe the wind restrictor. Glad to hear it was effective for you and it looks great. Do you have to keep your windows up to notice the difference? Would you suggest the purchase ob both or just the wind restrictor?

Thanks
Old 08-28-2014, 12:22 PM
Jays08Vert
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vito56
I have been thinking about purchasing a wind deflector and maybe the wind restrictor. Glad to hear it was effective for you and it looks great. Do you have to keep your windows up to notice the difference? Would you suggest the purchase ob both or just the wind restrictor?

Thanks
I'd say anything over 40 needs the windows up or you'll just be drawing the wind in from the sides. We were amazed at the sound difference on the lower speeds even. My wife's first comment was how much quieter the interior was. As for getting the deflector too, if you're fairly tall (6' or more), I'd recommend it.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:59 PM
Vito56
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great. Thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To Just installed my wind restrictor/deflector

Quick Reply: Just installed my wind restrictor/deflector