C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette Nation (not the show) on Facebook

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 07:50 PM
Rky Mtn C6
Le Mans Master

Received 893 Likes on 378 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C7 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C7 of the Year Finalist -- Modified

Default Corvette Nation (not the show) on Facebook

Just found out about a Facebook page called "Corvette Nation." Did a search here and didn't come up with it. Anybody else a member?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CorvetteNationusa/
Old 04-19-2015, 08:44 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts

I was, but I left because of a myriad of reasons. I can't handle the crowd on there...call it personal opinion but between the hideous mods, oil and gas cowboys and just...embarrassing people that owned Corvettes...I had to leave. I hate to say that but...without being blatant on here...suffice to say...I had to go. I struggle with the Corvette owner pool as is though already so...chalk it up to me I guess.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:18 PM
MWHITED
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by RC000E
I was, but I left because of a myriad of reasons. I can't handle the crowd on there...call it personal opinion but between the hideous mods, oil and gas cowboys and just...embarrassing people that owned Corvettes...I had to leave. I hate to say that but...without being blatant on here...suffice to say...I had to go. I struggle with the Corvette owner pool as is though already so...chalk it up to me I guess.
I understand... I'm a car guy and have always wanted a Corvette. I sold my 1968 Camaro RS to get my 2013 GS. As I read this forum I wonder if I've made a huge mistake. I don't feel compelled to debate where in or on our Corvette I "F" my wife. Whether having a foreign wife is "hotter" than a non-foreign wife, or be drawn into the Black wheel vs Chrome wheel debacle.
Being new, I'm still gathering information, and unfortunately, wade through these topics trying to get the information I need, but I'm beginning to think buying a Corvette was a mistake if this is what I'll become... I realize any automative forum (and I follow several) holds a special place for egos and opinions but the Corvette has taken this to a new level. I appreciate the advice about the Facebook page.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:35 PM
Mgoblue06
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by MWHITED
I understand... I'm a car guy and have always wanted a Corvette. I sold my 1968 Camaro RS to get my 2013 GS. As I read this forum I wonder if I've made a huge mistake. I don't feel compelled to debate where in or on our Corvette I "F" my wife. Whether having a foreign wife is "hotter" than a non-foreign wife, or be drawn into the Black wheel vs Chrome wheel debacle.
Being new, I'm still gathering information, and unfortunately, wade through these topics trying to get the information I need, but I'm beginning to think buying a Corvette was a mistake if this is what I'll become... I realize any automative forum (and I follow several) holds a special place for egos and opinions but the Corvette has taken this to a new level. I appreciate the advice about the Facebook page.
This is a perfect statement, lol, some egos need to be stroked with a keyboard. I bought a used C6 here about a month ago and owning a vette sure is different. Some people just put you in the jackass category because others before us have given owing a vette a bad rap.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:46 PM
dmoneychris
Burning Brakes

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Rky Mtn C6
Just found out about a Facebook page called "Corvette Nation." Did a search here and didn't come up with it. Anybody else a member?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CorvetteNationusa/
Yes, I'm a member. (Patrick Dempsey https://www.facebook.com/patrick.dempsey.90 ) I share some pictures & videos on there, Corvette related of course or the comment is toast. I can only take so much of the crowd though. There is a wide variety of Corvette owners I'm afraid. Lots of bad apples out there. I'm usually just glancing on there to see if people are sharing stuff that relates to my car or Corvette racing. I just shared a video of the C7R steering wheel. (This is the video:
)

Last edited by dmoneychris; 04-20-2015 at 12:11 PM.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:46 PM
mbowers13
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm a member of several FB vette groups and Corvette Nation is the one I hear about the most when it comes to people either quitting of getting banned from.

Similarly, Simply Corvettes is a popular group but doesn't allow ANY negative honesty. So if someone posts a pic with some ugly *** wheels or something, you can't say they're ugly or they delete the comment.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:47 PM
Don-Vette
Race Director

Received 451 Likes on 349 Posts

Just got kicked out of it a couple weeks ago by the azzhat that runs it...Roy Oberg. I didn't like a pic of someone's C3 turned into a 4x4. If your opinion doesn't agree with his then your gone. Corvette Fans and Enthusiast's on Facebook is much better IMO.
Old 05-10-2015, 04:24 AM
jlkreider
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was a member of Corvette Nation, then got booted because of having an opinion. Simply Corvettes isn't that bad, I am still a member of that group. I started my own page.. The Yellow Corvette, 'The Fastest Color in the World!' This group is for anyone that loves yellow corvettes or corvettes in general. There is also Corvette Strong: Back to the Basics.... I am an admin on that page and we are a decent page... On both pages we let you have an opinion, just don't go overboard on it and truly rag and disrespect other people... That is it.... Check those pages out if you want to.. There are a lot of good pages on Facebook for people that just want to socialize with other corvette owners for the love of the car....
Old 05-23-2015, 05:26 PM
08 ATOMIC-Z
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Yes sometimes there a pain in the a$$.
Old 05-23-2015, 05:35 PM
HBsurfer
Le Mans Master

Received 1,109 Likes on 709 Posts

Originally Posted by RC000E
My thoughts as well. The mods there seem to be on a power trip and some of the members are truly embarrassing. Any technical comment will get dozens of incorrect answers that are stated as facts. Really tough to look at.
Old 05-23-2015, 06:41 PM
BullittEV
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by MWHITED
Honestly, if youre wondering if you made a mistake or not, you may have.

I dont give a rats *** what anyone else thinks, when I see a vette, i think of pure beast mode. there's going to be that 10% everywhere you go. I just like to think with vette owners, the % is lower than most other models.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Nation (not the show) on Facebook

Quick Reply: Corvette Nation (not the show) on Facebook