C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intermittent Air Conditioning Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 12:33 AM
The Inspector
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Intermittent Air Conditioning Problem

Hi Everyone,

We have a very annoying problem with our 2013 C6. The air conditioning randomly will stop blowing air out of the dash vents and will only blow the cold air out of the defrost and floor vents. There is no rhyme or reason as to when this happens. The A/C might work fine on the way to the store but when the car is started after leaving the store the air will not blow out of the dash vents. Trying to change the vent controls has not effect. Eventually the air will just start to blow as it should out of the dash vents. It might go 3 or 4 days before it does it again, or it might do it twice in one day.

Has anyone else experienced this? I can take it to the dealer but I figure if it does not happen to be doing it at the time they won't be able to find anything. Thanks for your input!
Old 05-04-2015, 04:57 AM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,020 Likes on 2,175 Posts

What setting is the HVAC controls in?

Hence, take it off Auto mode, and switch it over to a manual modes instead.

Also, the memory of the HVAC system is tied into the fob, so if you are switching the fobs when you are driving the car, then the car is setting resetting to the last setting when that fob was used for the car.

Note: fob 1 will always be the primary fog, So if your wife has Fob 1 in here purse in the passanger seat, you are in the drivers seat with Fob 2, the car still thinks that you are in the drivers seat with Fob 1, and will use the last setting for Fob 1.
Old 05-04-2015, 10:56 AM
bill K
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by The Inspector
Hi Everyone,

We have a very annoying problem with our 2013 C6. The air conditioning randomly will stop blowing air out of the dash vents and will only blow the cold air out of the defrost and floor vents. There is no rhyme or reason as to when this happens. The A/C might work fine on the way to the store but when the car is started after leaving the store the air will not blow out of the dash vents. Trying to change the vent controls has not effect. Eventually the air will just start to blow as it should out of the dash vents. It might go 3 or 4 days before it does it again, or it might do it twice in one day.

Has anyone else experienced this? I can take it to the dealer but I figure if it does not happen to be doing it at the time they won't be able to find anything. Thanks for your input!
I had a similar problem the Heat and A/C control is these cars are known to have problems. I bought a new one and installed it works great now. since you are under warranty I would take it to the dealer.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:14 AM
The Inspector
Instructor

Hi Dano - We have tried all of the manual settings to no avail. And this happens when only one of us (and only one fob) are in the car.

Bill - You "bought a new" what and installed it?

Thank you for your input!
Old 05-04-2015, 11:45 AM
bill K
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Hi Dano - We have tried all of the manual settings to no avail. And this happens when only one of us (and only one fob) are in the car.

Bill - You "bought a new" what and installed it?

Thank you for your input!
The LED control panel below the radio, that controls your Heat and A/C. I paid $230. for the unit and installed it. My car was not under warranty. The problem I had was some times I would have A/C and sometimes not. If it does not work all I would get is Hot air. I am sure the dealer knows about the problem and would replace it.
Old 05-04-2015, 12:35 PM
corvetteflier
Burning Brakes

Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

Hi Everyone,

Yeah, "could not duplicate" is always a probability at the Dealer. Still, it's under warranty so take it in. No problems with my '13 A/C, but rarely use it. If it's a known problem, they may not need to duplicate it anyway. Good luck!
Old 05-05-2015, 09:12 AM
The Inspector
Instructor

Thanks for the info. I made an appointment with the dealer for next week. It is still under warranty so we'll see if they can find anything.

Get notified of new replies

To Intermittent Air Conditioning Problem

Quick Reply: Intermittent Air Conditioning Problem