C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cabin fever here in CNY

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 03:23 PM
ssmike56
Pro

Received 97 Likes on 76 Posts

I just couldn't help myself today! Took the Vette out for a 20 mile drive and it felt GREAT! There's still some salt out there depending on the road you're on but I was able to avoid most of it. Not even a dusting on the windshield so it should be OK! Now to hunker down and wait till the next opportunity! Glad I got it out today!
Old 02-07-2016, 07:41 PM
TKgs2010
Le Mans Master

Received 406 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by tri08sbc
That sounds awesome. The garage and all especially the C7 Z coming. I know where Baldwinsville is, I used to date a girl from there.
Works well for me, the C7Z isn't ordered yet, still waiting to be sure all the on-track cooling issues have been resolved before I drop the $$$ on one. Awesome car though, I've done laps at Spring Mountain in one, and it's an unbelievable track car, the grip is incredible. The hard part is I really like my GS with the mods, plus I'm pretty partial to Cyber Gray which is no longer available. I do like the area, just not the winter or the taxes, but everywhere has their own weather issues, the snow eventually melts.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:14 PM
tri08sbc
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by TKgs2010
Works well for me, the C7Z isn't ordered yet, still waiting to be sure all the on-track cooling issues have been resolved before I drop the $$$ on one. Awesome car though, I've done laps at Spring Mountain in one, and it's an unbelievable track car, the grip is incredible. The hard part is I really like my GS with the mods, plus I'm pretty partial to Cyber Gray which is no longer available. I do like the area, just not the winter or the taxes, but everywhere has their own weather issues, the snow eventually melts.
I don't blame you about the Z, pretty hefty price tag especially with the mods you've done to yours and the color. We might get hit hard with snow this week I heard.

Originally Posted by ssmike56
I just couldn't help myself today! Took the Vette out for a 20 mile drive and it felt GREAT! There's still some salt out there depending on the road you're on but I was able to avoid most of it. Not even a dusting on the windshield so it should be OK! Now to hunker down and wait till the next opportunity! Glad I got it out today!
Glad you could get out and stretch the Vette's legs a little. All I can do is dream and chat with you fellas that can get out. Mine is locked in a barn till spring Oh well I have to quit ordering parts, they're starting to pile up
Old 02-07-2016, 11:25 PM
jjbravo1
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Here near Ithaca... Middle finger of the Fingerlakes.
Usually the beaters go into service and nice cars put away from Halloween to Tax day (4/15). Roads here are really salty and the trip up and down my road looks like the old days of the dirt section of Pikes Peak. Couldn't bring myself to salt up the cars.
These warm days are testing my patience though...
Old 02-07-2016, 11:57 PM
TKgs2010
Le Mans Master

I don't blame you about the Z, pretty hefty price tag especially with the mods you've done to yours and the color. We might get hit hard with snow this week I heard.

Glad you could get out and stretch the Vette's legs a little. All I can do is dream and chat with you fellas that can get out. Mine is locked in a barn till spring Oh well I have to quit ordering parts, they're starting to pile up
They're talking Thursday-Friday here for snow, but don't seem too sure exactly where or how much just yet. The last few days I've seen a few people out with their toys, a couple Mustangs, Challengers, Camaros and 2 C7's as well as 3 guys on bikes, 2 crotch rockets and a Harley. Good for them, but not me, I turn my plates in and once it's covered and plugged in, it doesn't run until I'm ready to drive it.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:00 AM
TKgs2010
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by jjbravo1
Usually the beaters go into service and nice cars put away from Halloween to Tax day (4/15). Roads here are really salty and the trip up and down my road looks like the old days of the dirt section of Pikes Peak. Couldn't bring myself to salt up the cars.
I know the area well, seems like you've had almost as much snow there this year as we've had, very unusual, but you're welcome to take a turn. All the crap they put on the roads has me washing my truck and car nearly every other day just to keep it off them both.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:01 AM
tri08sbc
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jjbravo1
The lake reference was funny. I feel ya on the patience !! It looks like the Bonneville salt flats here. And it hasn't even been bad yet. Rumor has it that we're getting it this week. Back to the frozen tundra.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:11 PM
DocktorQ
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks and yeah those are the only ones I have. I put it away right after I took possession of her. A get together sounds like a great idea.
Are you sure April 1st is a good time ?
April 1st is always the target date.

Should be good by opening day at the Glen. It's always a good time.

April 16 - 17, 2016

#OW2016
Opening Weekend

Experience the twists and turns of our world-renowned road course from the driver's seat of your personal vehicle. Take your car on the track for three paced laps behind an official WGI vehicle for $25 per vehicle, per three laps. Proceeds benefit several local charities.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:24 PM
ssmike56
Pro

Received 97 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by DocktorQ

April 16 - 17, 2016

#OW2016
Opening Weekend

Experience the twists and turns of our world-renowned road course from the driver's seat of your personal vehicle. Take your car on the track for three paced laps behind an official WGI vehicle for $25 per vehicle, per three laps. Proceeds benefit several local charities.
I'll be there with my 5th gen Camaro buddies lined up with them for laps! I sold my Camaro but I made a lot of friends in the Upstate C5 club! If you go just look for the only orange Corvette lined up with the 5th gen Camaros! Lol! Come over and say hi!
Old 02-10-2016, 12:47 PM
tri08sbc
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by DocktorQ

April 16 - 17, 2016

#OW2016
Opening Weekend

Thanks. I really hope you're right. If I'm here I would consider the Glen thing, that sounds like a whole bunch of fun...

Quick Reply: Cabin fever here in CNY