C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Where do you race your car?
Street Race
16.48%
Track Race
14.20%
Track and Street Race
14.20%
I do not ever race and do not care what others do as long as its not around other people
18.75%
Street racing is just plain stupid
36.36%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: How many of you street race?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 10:51 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

You aren't' mistaken, in former days, if you talked about street racing or used a bad word, gone!

Now you can cuss about how you were beat down on the street race.

I kinda like the new rules.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:59 PM
User Omega
Melting Slicks

Received 230 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by NOWUCME
I seem to remember when the MODS would remove of discourage none legal racing threads. Especially boasting or encouraging it in any way. Anyone remember that? Looks like they just comment on content now. Maybe I am mistaken.

You can find all kinds of bad results on YouTube, even just ripping off a little rubber exiting a car event or otherwise.

I think you are misinterpreting the point of the post.

This is not supporting or condoning any illegal activity whatsoever. It is simply here to see what type of racing the current members do.

I don't really think there is a need for anyone to attempt a sabotage or twist of the thread into something it is not. I left this open to all including a "Street racing is stupid" line in the poll.

If there is some poor choice of wording that I have used, the mods are more than welcome to modify or add anything that they see fit in order for this Poll to comply with community guidelines. I checked and did not see anything in the rules that would condemn this thread but the rules are often up to interpretation of said mods and I can respect that.

I was more worried about masses coming in here to trash talk others but so far that has not happened and I would like to keep it that way.

Originally Posted by owc6
You aren't' mistaken, in former days, if you talked about street racing or used a bad word, gone!

Now you can cuss about how you were beat down on the street race.

I kinda like the new rules.
All of the street racing posts I have seen are locked or immediately shut down. This forum still has standing rules of not condoning any illegal activity.

Last edited by User Omega; 02-26-2017 at 11:01 PM.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:54 PM
NOWUCME
Melting Slicks

Received 459 Likes on 324 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C6 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Originally Posted by User Omega
Feel free to toss in opinions or how you feel about your selection if you would like. I know this may get ugly but keep it clean or the mods will probably close the thread.
Maybe those words?

You got it if you want to make something out of it that it is not, feel free to also. My My touchy.

Last edited by NOWUCME; 02-26-2017 at 11:54 PM.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:16 AM
raspyc6
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I really thought there would be more fellas posting up a random story here or there. What I am about to say is not going to meet with popular approval but I assure you it is accurate and well thought out.

IF you have a big enough group of people, especially with roll racing, in the right setting you can have a number of runs set up in a very short period of time with little risk for other drivers to suffer harm...even on public roads and highways. It takes a lot of cars with staggered staging that has been pre-arranged at the pre-race meetup spot...there is always a pre-race meetup spot. You look the other dude in the eye. Is he scared? Is he drunk? Will he wanna fight when he loses? Will I be pissed when I get pulled on? There is an entire culture out there I assure you and they are good at what they do...very good. They don't wanna kill anyone's sister or cousin either. For a short while I ran with a local group that was well known to all agencies in the Tampa Bay area. Better to not post why. These were all domestic V8's unless rice or german sausage felt like making a point at which point they were invited in or cash was at hand. Cops knew who we were and did not allow us to stay at the next spot when 30 or 40 cars at the least would pull into a Shell Station at 1-2 AM...or a RaceTrack at 3AM...or a 7-11 later? I imagine the store clerks felt overwhelmed if not frightened? They almost always called the police...even if they knew us by face. The LEO faction knew we all could drive high HP cars well and their solution was to get us to bugger off from the next meetup spot and just go somewhere else. That is why we took different routes and hence the mandatory pre-race meetup spot. Look, I was a nothing in this group for a while until I started putting beatdowns on people I was previously losing to. Then they started refusing racing me. I was also finally considered someone that could drive and shift very well and had a car too that could back it up. That was all well and fine until one night when I got a break when I was screwing up and I never went back to the scene. It was one trial learning which is the best of all. After that night I told myself that is it...you are not going out on Saturday nights anymore; my wife was so pissed most nights when I got home it was just another reason to stay in. I was never home on time and she knew it was coming. I had my fun and I guess I was done with it all. No runs for a bit now but I am not looking for it...not that they don't ask. It's Tampa for God sake.

Last edited by raspyc6; 02-27-2017 at 12:29 AM. Reason: I am not endorsing street racing fellas.
Old 02-27-2017, 01:18 AM
User Omega
Melting Slicks

Maybe those words?

You got it if you want to make something out of it that it is not, feel free to also. My My touchy.
The only person wanting something out of nothing is clearly you. Its not my fault you have poor reading comprehension skills.

I suppose you also have the option to keep trolling and I would be willing to bet you will get some of that mod action you seem to like.
Old 02-27-2017, 01:29 AM
joliett
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 48 Posts

Someone pulls up to me at a red light... The road is wide and open...hummm..it's a Boxster... or 911...I will stay up... or slightly ahead... engine to engine... power to power... American vs German... a little faster... up to 10 miles faster than the speed limit... then I will back down and glory in the Vette's victory.. And it's all over quickly.

USA....

Last edited by joliett; 02-27-2017 at 01:33 AM.
Old 02-27-2017, 01:32 AM
NOWUCME
Melting Slicks

The only person wanting something out of nothing is clearly you. Its not my fault you have poor reading comprehension skills.

I suppose you also have the option to keep trolling and I would be willing to bet you will get some of that mod action you seem to like.
If you think you are making some grand point by getting personal because you don't like my opinions, that you ask for, hope it makes you feel real big. You must be real insecure if you think someone is trying to steal your thread or close it. Good luck with your attitude, you may need it.

Last edited by NOWUCME; 02-27-2017 at 01:36 AM.
Old 02-27-2017, 03:09 AM
User Omega
Melting Slicks

If you think you are making some grand point by getting personal because you don't like my opinions, that you ask for, hope it makes you feel real big. You must be real insecure if you think someone is trying to steal your thread or close it. Good luck with your attitude, you may need it.
No one is getting personal except you. Your shortcomings are not my problem and you should not be making them anyone elses. If anything you own me an apology for YOUR mistake.

I will attempt to better help you understand where you went wrong. I posted with a highlight, what you shared in your defense below.

Feel free to toss in opinions or how you feel about your selection if you would like.
This simple sentence does not mean that I am asking you about your opinion on forum rules, what color the sky is, moderator actions, or who can **** the furthest. This is me saying anyone who wants to participate in the thread and share why they chose their selection in the poll could do so.

Your initial post was clearly an attack on the thread and an obvious attempt to not only twist the purpose of the thread but also to invoke moderator action. No amount of **** posting is going to make anyone think otherwise.

I seem to remember when the MODS would remove or discourage none legal racing threads. Especially boasting or encouraging it in any way. Anyone remember that? Looks like they just comment on content now. Maybe I am mistaken.

You can find all kinds of bad results on YouTube even involving spectators, when cars are just ripping off a little rubber exiting a car event or otherwise.

So in conclusion, my "grand point" (since you seem to want me to have one) here is that you simply cannot read very well or have a very low level of reading comprehension. I did not ask you for that post as you say <<-- Proven above - FACT! It is very simple to see. I hope now with a full explanation of the post, you can realize this.

Either way, you are a troll in this thread and that does violate community guidelines. I have a feeling that this isn't your first go at stirring a pot.
Old 02-27-2017, 04:28 AM
NOWUCME
Melting Slicks

No one is getting personal except you. Your shortcomings are not my problem and you should not be making them anyone elses. If anything you own me an apology for YOUR mistake.

I will attempt to better help you understand where you went wrong. I posted with a highlight, what you shared in your defense below.

This simple sentence does not mean that I am asking you about your opinion on forum rules, what color the sky is, moderator actions, or who can **** the furthest. This is me saying anyone who wants to participate in the thread and share why they chose their selection in the poll could do so.

Your initial post was clearly an attack on the thread and an obvious attempt to not only twist the purpose of the thread but also to invoke moderator action. No amount of **** posting is going to make anyone think otherwise.

So in conclusion, my "grand point" (since you seem to want me to have one) here is that you simply cannot read very well or have a very low level of reading comprehension. I did not ask you for that post as you say <<-- Proven above - FACT! It is very simple to see. I hope now with a full explanation of the post, you can realize this.

Either way, you are a troll in this thread and that does violate community guidelines. I have a feeling that this isn't your first go at stirring a pot.
You are sure making a lot of assumptions. I assume you don't have any idea why I made the comments in my post. None of them were directed at you or your post directly other than some may not know that rule, if it still existed, and wouldn't try to walk the line like you are trying to if that's what you are doing.

Fact that you have correct. If a moderator sees your post I am sure if that is their judgment they will remove it . Has nothing to do about me, but may be useful to someone else. Looks like one did see it before I even made my comments, directed at your subject, that you asked for.

Anything else was in response to your personal attracts for anything I said. Which you have absolutely no reason to assume what I was saying is what you think I was saying. Instead you accused me and then got personal just because you thought, wrongly, I was attacking you or your thread.

Maybe you should calm yourself and check out this rule which I am sure is still in force.

Personal attacks/hostility toward others

The Forum should be a place where we treat one another with civility so that it remains a fun and friendly place to hang around with other Corvette enthusiasts. Hostility to others is rude and inappropriate.

Personal attacks cannot be tolerated. Attack ideas, not fellow Forum members.

Sometimes it's pretty hard to do when some people jump to conclusions, as you have, and then start slinging accusations for all the wrong reasons.

PS this is not a last word comment, be my guest but I would appreciate you not making assumptions since you seem to have no idea of how I meant something. Especially in the form of personal attacks that you are making. Otherwise maybe we will find out if another rule is still in force.
Old 02-27-2017, 04:43 AM
User Omega
Melting Slicks

You are sure making a lot of assumptions. I assume you don't have any idea why I made the comments in my post. None of them were directed at you or your post directly other than some may not know that rule, if it still existed, and wouldn't try to walk the line like you are trying to if that's what you are doing.

Fact that you have correct. If a moderator sees your post I am sure if that is their judgment they will remove it . Has nothing to do about me, but may be useful to someone else. Looks like one did see it before I even made my comments, directed at your subject, that you asked for.

Anything else was in response to your personal attracts for anything I said. Which you have absolutely no reason to assume what I was saying is what you think I was saying. Instead you accused me and then got personal just because you thought, wrongly, I was attacking you or your thread.

Maybe you should calm yourself and check out this rule which I am sure is still in force.

Personal attacks/hostility toward others

The Forum should be a place where we treat one another with civility so that it remains a fun and friendly place to hang around with other Corvette enthusiasts. Hostility to others is rude and inappropriate.

Personal attacks cannot be tolerated. Attack ideas, not fellow Forum members.

Sometimes it's pretty hard to do when some people jump to conclusions, as you have, and then start slinging accusations for all the wrong reasons.

PS this is not a last word comment, be my guest but I would appreciate you not making assumptions since you seem to have no idea of how I meant something. Especially in the form of personal attacks that you are making. Otherwise maybe we will find out if another rule is still in force.
Pretty far fetched tale you have there. Backtracking at this point isn't really an option for you. We can all read what has gone down here. I am certainly not worked up over it. I really just felt bad that you took it so far before I could explain things to you. I know you cannot see emotions here so I will give you a break on that comment. I am just calling it for what it is. I think you've learned a valuable lesson here. Hopefully your actions here aren't a common trend.

Read twice and then post.

Last edited by User Omega; 02-27-2017 at 04:44 AM.
Old 02-27-2017, 06:55 AM
EVILFACE
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Vettes are made for things other than waxing?

If the area is clear of traffic, play ball.
Old 02-27-2017, 08:39 AM
09Z06pj
Le Mans Master

Received 1,100 Likes on 752 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary '09 C6
...a bit of solo spirited driving once in a while on empty roads, but no street racing...track-only.
Same here but back in the day? Different story. Smart? Not so much. Fun? Hell yeah!
Old 02-27-2017, 09:08 AM
Red08
Le Mans Master

Received 1,441 Likes on 780 Posts

I'm not hiding who I am. I think street racing is stupid.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:30 AM
Bruze
Team Owner

Received 1,136 Likes on 882 Posts

...a bit of solo spirited driving once in a while on empty roads, but no street racing...track-only.
Originally Posted by 09Z06pj

Same here but back in the day? Different story. Smart? Not so much. Fun? Hell yeah!

I agree, with one caveat: I don't think "street racing" is necessarily stupid. I see all kinds of stupid drivers out there who aren't even going the speed limit. Some drivers are safer at 80 than others are at 50.

Last edited by Bruze; 02-27-2017 at 09:37 AM.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:45 AM
Mjolitor 68
Race Director

Received 253 Likes on 155 Posts

Too many negatives w street racing & I LOVE shredding corners.

Besides you don't get this street racing
Attached Images  
Old 02-27-2017, 09:50 AM
Mjolitor 68
Race Director

Doing 200 mph on the banking at Daytona or blasting around crazy Road Atlanta or Watkins Glen are all much more interesting to me.

And I get to spray champagne when I win LOL
Attached Images  

Last edited by Mjolitor 68; 02-27-2017 at 09:52 AM.
The following users liked this post:
snow (02-27-2017)
Old 02-27-2017, 09:51 AM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Personally, I think the stupidest people on the road are not the street racers. They're the people who shoot across five lanes of traffic after entering the freeway so they can get in the fast lane and go under the speed limit, all while talking on their phone.

More people are getting injured and killed because of people messing with their damn cell phones in regular traffic than in any street racing.

Get notified of new replies

To Poll: How many of you street race?

Old 02-27-2017, 09:52 AM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Originally Posted by Mjolitor 68
Besides you don't get this street racing
Well.....maybe YOU don't.....
Old 02-27-2017, 09:56 AM
Mjolitor 68
Race Director

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
Well.....maybe YOU don't.....
LOL

I do admit I love STREET OUTLAWS but I got nothing to prove on the street. In FL they can confiscate your car if they catch you and lots of points. I REALLY don't need that + all the other possible negatives.

Besides you can't be the hero of the day if nobody's watching.
Old 02-27-2017, 10:29 AM
Bruze
Team Owner

Received 1,136 Likes on 882 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
Personally, I think the stupidest people on the road are not the street racers. They're the people who shoot across five lanes of traffic after entering the freeway so they can get in the fast lane and go under the speed limit, all while talking on their phone.

More people are getting injured and killed because of people messing with their damn cell phones in regular traffic than in any street racing.
Agree 100%.

Quick Reply: Poll: How many of you street race?