Dealer recommendation in SouthBay, CA to fix steering wheel vibration issue - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back   >
Log In 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor Directory

C6 Corvette ZR1
General info about GMís Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track Sponsored by
Bill Stasek

Dealer recommendation in SouthBay, CA to fix steering wheel vibration issue

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-04-2012, 12:50 PM   #1
beastyz06
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Oct 2009
Posts: 234
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Dealer recommendation in SouthBay, CA to fix steering wheel vibration issue

Hello Guys,

I know and read a lot of informations about steering wheel vibration issue in this forum.

I did not experience it until this morning. I live in Torrance, CA, can anyone in local recommend me trusted dealer around my area?

Martin Chevrolet and Cormier Chevrolet are near by my house but nobody, I mean "NOBODY!" picks up the phone when I called them for several times.

Will balancing wheels solve the problem?
beastyz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:29 PM   #2
givemeurc6
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2004
Location: Los Angeles CA
Posts: 370
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I wouldn't trust Martin even though they are the closest to you. I've had bad experience there. The best dealership around in my opinion is Rydell. I think there is a good dealership in the inland empire. I don't own a Zr1, but if i did i wouldn't take it to anyone.
givemeurc6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:08 PM   #3
beastyz06
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Oct 2009
Posts: 234
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by givemeurc6 View Post
I wouldn't trust Martin even though they are the closest to you. I've had bad experience there. The best dealership around in my opinion is Rydell. I think there is a good dealership in the inland empire. I don't own a Zr1, but if i did i wouldn't take it to anyone.
Thank you and you are exactly right. That is why I'm asking forum members' opinions to guide me towards to the right direction. I also don't want to take my car to any dealer.

Anybody?
beastyz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:04 PM   #4
ILLUSHN
CF Senior Member
 
ILLUSHN's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2006
Location: L.A. aka TooDamnManyPeopleville Ca.
Posts: 4,581
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by givemeurc6 View Post
I wouldn't trust Martin even though they are the closest to you. I've had bad experience there. The best dealership around in my opinion is Rydell. I think there is a good dealership in the inland empire. I don't own a Zr1, but if i did i wouldn't take it to anyone.



Rydell in Chatsworth gets my vote, too! Ask for Donny Yorke, he's a nice guy and he's very knowledgeable!
ILLUSHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:29 PM   #5
Hirohawa
CF Senior Member
 
Hirohawa's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2002
Location: Venice, CA
Posts: 5,565
Thanked 86 Times in 50 Posts
Default

I go to Cormier - now Win Chevrolet- ask for Jim in Service, he is always great to deal with.
Hirohawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:32 PM   #6
beastyz06
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Oct 2009
Posts: 234
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLUSHN View Post


Rydell in Chatsworth gets my vote, too! Ask for Donny Yorke, he's a nice guy and he's very knowledgeable!
Thank you !
beastyz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:32 PM   #7
beastyz06
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Oct 2009
Posts: 234
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirohawa View Post
I go to Cormier - now Win Chevrolet- ask for Jim in Service, he is always great to deal with.

Thank you !!
beastyz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:29 PM   #8
Joezone914
CF Senior Member
 
Joezone914's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2004
Location: Playa Vista CA
Posts: 1,170
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirohawa View Post
I go to Cormier - now Win Chevrolet- ask for Jim in Service, he is always great to deal with.
I agree if you must goto Chevy. Goto Win and see Jim Iverson
Joezone914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:45 AM   #9
DebRedZR1
TDD Moderator
Support Corvetteforum!
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15
 
DebRedZR1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2005
Location: West Michigan 2016 Z06 & 2010 ZR1
Posts: 14,484
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastyz06 View Post
Hello Guys,

I know and read a lot of informations about steering wheel vibration issue in this forum.

I did not experience it until this morning. I live in Torrance, CA, can anyone in local recommend me trusted dealer around my area?

Martin Chevrolet and Cormier Chevrolet are near by my house but nobody, I mean "NOBODY!" picks up the phone when I called them for several times.

Will balancing wheels solve the problem?
And Girls
Love those Dealerships that Never answer the phone. One here that did that, always got an answering machine. They wonder why I don't go there anymore.
I'm sure you have read all the different causes and solutions. How many miles are on your ZR1? Good luck and keep us posted.
DebRedZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:04 PM   #10
pcguy2u
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
pcguy2u's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2010
Location: On the coast North of SF bay
Posts: 2,129
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

You don't state what the circumstances are that lead to the vibration or what year ZR1 or when the problem started or how similar the problem is to the descriptions from in the various threads on this issue.

Last edited by pcguy2u; 02-05-2012 at 12:29 PM.
pcguy2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #11
mjcourt
CF Senior Member
 
mjcourt's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 391
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebRedZR1GSVert View Post
Love those Dealerships that Never answer the phone. One here that did that, always got an answering machine. They wonder why I don't go there anymore.
I'm sure you have read all the different causes and solutions. How many miles are on your ZR1? Good luck and keep us posted.
The corvette guy at my dealership gave me his personal cell phone number so that I can locate him and donít have to be routed through the dealership phone system. Two new tires have been installed and two rotors are on the way from GM. So far Iím very pleased with the way my dealership and GM are handling the issue. Iíll post more details when all is done.
mjcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • Dealer recommendation in SouthBay, CA to fix steering wheel vibration issue
  •  
     
    Reply

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Good alignment shop in southbay Los Angeles? mammoth713 Autocrossing & Roadracing 10 06-14-2015 02:16 AM
    Trust dealer beastyz06 C7 General Discussion 1 03-24-2015 09:08 PM
    Best place to mount and balance tires in Southbay? fly_low Northern California 9 06-29-2014 12:31 PM
    Vette service in Torrance, CA? Lmittell Southern California 21 07-01-2012 02:52 PM
    Need Dyno tuner in Orange County, CA Y2k Vette Pilot C5 Tech 35 04-23-2005 01:13 PM


    Tags
    2012, c4, california, corvette, dealer, dealership, fixes, forum, grand, parts, recomendation, shake, southern, sport, steering, vibration, wheel, zr1

    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Click for Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off

    Forum Jump


    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:22 AM.