Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] 1000hp ZR1 build

Old 02-09-2016, 02:31 PM
screaminchevy
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Default 1000hp ZR1 build

Been off the racecar kick for a bit working on some other projects. I ended up selling my Z06 I was preparing to do a twin turbo build on, and picked up a 2010 ZR1 a couple months ago instead. The goal is an all out build on the factory shortblock, making 900whp on motor and E85 with some nitrous on top. Should be a fun B team (maybe C team being in Texas) street car when it gets wrapped up. All the parts came back this week so it'll start going back together quickly at KP Racing. I'll update the progress as it comes along.

Mod list:

2'' stainless steel american racing headers w/o cats
5'' custom KP Racing intake
Ported LPE supercharger snout
2.3 upper pulley
14% drive pulley
Aluminum radiator
D3PE heat exchanger
Snow dual nozzle meth kit
Brian Tooley stage 3 cam
Ported Mast black label heads
Ported blower upper and lower case
108mm Southways throttle body
ID 1300cc injectors
DSteck E85 flex kit
McLeod RXT 1200hp clutch
ARP head studs
Fore Innovation stage 3 fuel system
Nitrous Outlet blower plate system
Dual 10lb bottles w/ billet heater bracket
LNC 2001 launch controller

I know I'm forgetting a few things here and there but you get the idea.

The following users liked this post:
SteveDoten@ARH (05-23-2016)
Old 02-09-2016, 06:37 PM
SquirrelyNutz
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Should be a fun car! Will it be at TX2K?
Old 02-09-2016, 08:48 PM
gkzr1
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 53 Posts

nice
Old 02-09-2016, 10:26 PM
1-bad-z06
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what tire set up are you going to use to be able to hook??
Old 02-09-2016, 10:27 PM
SquirrelyNutz
Racer

Originally Posted by 1-bad-z06
Probably the same tire most of us use. 345/35/18 MT ET Street II.
Old 02-11-2016, 11:56 AM
screaminchevy
Drifting

Originally Posted by 1-bad-z06
I've CCW 18s on it now with 325 M&H's right now as they came with the wheels. Stock ECU, no traction control other than my right foot.

Originally Posted by SquirrelyNutz
Should be a fun car! Will it be at TX2K?
Yeah it'll be ready for 2K. I made sure get started in plenty of time so we're not rushing at the last minute. Going to run the 1/2 mile that Thursday. I'll put a MT 345 on when I wear these out, which shouldn't take long!

I don't plan on spraying in 1st or 2nd gear so it should be fine. We shall see.

Originally Posted by gkzr1
nice
Greg I'm gonna take a swing at the 179 number! I may not have enough cam though, the lift is pretty conservative. I really like the BTR 3 that came in it so my plan was to see how she did before changing it to something a little bigger. I want to keep the car streetable to cruise on though.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:28 PM
SquirrelyNutz
Racer

Sounds good I'll be at the 1/2 and roll race and of course the trip to Mexico. I'm not going for a blower only record I made the car too heavy but I'll be shooting for the overall record for sure. See you there!
Old 02-11-2016, 12:45 PM
screaminchevy
Drifting

Sounds good I'll be at the 1/2 and roll race and of course the trip to Mexico. I'm not going for a blower only record I made the car too heavy but I'll be shooting for the overall record for sure. See you there!
I'll be out and about all three days. Skipping the roll race portion though. Too many newbs last year learning how to pace and GO properly, coupled with the countless finish-line arguments. Although I've heard those kinks have been worked out. X2 on weight, but I'll be making some changes there soon. I want this car at 3100lbs without me in it.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:55 PM
SquirrelyNutz
Racer

Originally Posted by screaminchevy
I'll be out and about all three days. Skipping the roll race portion though. Too many newbs last year learning how to pace and GO properly, coupled with the countless finish-line arguments. Although I've heard those kinks have been worked out. X2 on weight, but I'll be making some changes there soon. I want this car at 3100lbs without me in it.
They copied the TI format now so there shouldn't be as many problems. And yeah I've got an lsx and all the nitrous stuff I'm guessing I'm at 3500 without me in it lol.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:03 PM
screaminchevy
Drifting

They copied the TI format now so there shouldn't be as many problems. And yeah I've got an lsx and all the nitrous stuff I'm guessing I'm at 3500 without me in it lol.
Ah nice, that'll make a huge difference. Unless you get trolls like that slingshot kid in the blue RX7.

Yeah you and Morris are making a lot of steam on the LSX block! I'm going to try and go the opposite route and shred weight. I might even go as far as pulling the magnetic ride and big brakes later...
Old 02-11-2016, 01:32 PM
SquirrelyNutz
Racer

Ah nice, that'll make a huge difference. Unless you get trolls like that slingshot kid in the blue RX7.

Yeah you and Morris are making a lot of steam on the LSX block! I'm going to try and go the opposite route and shred weight. I might even go as far as pulling the magnetic ride and big brakes later...
Yeah but if it is the same as TI you can just hit the brakes so you aren't getting drug up to a 100mph starting speed or if someone is trying to sling shot. And Morris is making a lot but I'm not lol. Turbo is the way to go. And I'm scared to get rid of the brakes I like them too much!
Old 02-11-2016, 01:47 PM
screaminchevy
Drifting

Yeah but if it is the same as TI you can just hit the brakes so you aren't getting drug up to a 100mph starting speed or if someone is trying to sling shot. And Morris is making a lot but I'm not lol. Turbo is the way to go. And I'm scared to get rid of the brakes I like them too much!
Lol that's what you're supposed to do if the other lane isn't pacing 60!Just abort if it's not within 5mph. Technically the rule is left lane is responsible getting up to speed and holding, and the right light is responsible for pacing even. It blows my mind how many folks don't grasp it though.
Old 02-11-2016, 02:00 PM
SquirrelyNutz
Racer

Lol that's what you're supposed to do if the other lane isn't pacing 60!Just abort if it's not within 5mph. Technically the rule is left lane is responsible getting up to speed and holding, and the right light is responsible for pacing even. It blows my mind how many folks don't grasp it though.
Yeah its really easy I did it last year and at TI, I didn't actually race though I didn't think I'd be competitive at all. Turns out I would have been near the top of the slow class.
Old 02-11-2016, 02:16 PM
gkzr1
Drifting

I've CCW 18s on it now with 325 M&H's right now as they came with the wheels. Stock ECU, no traction control other than my right foot. Yeah it'll be ready for 2K. I made sure get started in plenty of time so we're not rushing at the last minute. Going to run the 1/2 mile that Thursday. I'll put a MT 345 on when I wear these out, which shouldn't take long! I don't plan on spraying in 1st or 2nd gear so it should be fine. We shall see. Greg I'm gonna take a swing at the 179 number! I may not have enough cam though, the lift is pretty conservative. I really like the BTR 3 that came in it so my plan was to see how she did before changing it to something a little bigger. I want to keep the car streetable to cruise on though.

Good luck! With 800+ you should be right there.
Old 02-11-2016, 02:25 PM
screaminchevy
Drifting

Yeah its really easy I did it last year and at TI, I didn't actually race though I didn't think I'd be competitive at all. Turns out I would have been near the top of the slow class.
175 class is where all the fun is!

Originally Posted by gkzr1
Good luck! With 800+ you should be right there.
Thanks! Are you and Marshall planning on making it down next month?
Old 02-11-2016, 07:24 PM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

Location: Daytona Beach/ Atlanta---- Good Ol' Florida Boy/ Georgia
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Looks solid
Old 02-11-2016, 10:07 PM
SHovV
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Sounds like a killer build. You'll want to keep the ccm brake setup if you're concerned about weight though. What have you though about pulling or swapping out to shed some weight?

Seats, some sound deadener, Halltech / Katech have some nice light weight CF pieces. Not sure if they still produce them though.

Get notified of new replies

To 1000hp ZR1 build

Old 02-12-2016, 12:07 AM
gkzr1
Drifting

175 class is where all the fun is! Thanks! Are you and Marshall planning on making it down next month?
I won't be. Will be getting ready for Virginia in about 8 weeks
Old 02-12-2016, 05:45 AM
narush
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I am praying to be there with you all as well
Old 02-12-2016, 12:46 PM
gkzr1
Drifting

Originally Posted by narush
I am praying to be there with you all as well