C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E-Force with Meth?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 11:22 PM
coolhand5599
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default E-Force with Meth?

Does anyone know how you could add meth to the e-force without going through the blades?
Old 08-14-2010, 12:24 AM
Slvr08Z51
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

impossible..
Old 08-15-2010, 01:00 PM
Motorhead-47
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

I would not recommend spraying anything through that pair of rotors. The TVS2300 rotor set has a patented "abradable coating" that is at risk of being damaged.

Read the Eaton patent here which describes the purpose/benefits of this coating...

http://www.patentgenius.com/patent/6688867.html

A before photo..

An after photo of an earlier version of the EATON rotor group with an earlier coating. This photo was taken after long term exposure to straight water injection.

Although the two images are of different production lots, that second photo is enough to convince me.

Last edited by Motorhead-47; 08-15-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:38 PM
tjwong
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

If you call Snows who makes all kinds of Alky injection systems they will tell you its not a problem. You call Magnusson and they say no no no. I think I will stay with what Magnusson says as well, I have a new TVS 2300 going in a Z06 with an all forged LS7 and I am not about to take any chances with a $7000 blower kit. I had thought about building and installing a meth injection manifold inside the TVS plenum below the blower. But it would be a RPITA to do and figuring out the correct orfice sizes per cylinder isn't an easy job. I haven't been able to find any info on sizing the individual orfices to feed each cylinder. That would be the ideal way to do it because each cylinder port would get feed relatively equally, a much better way than spraying into the intake air horn where there is no way to gurantee that each cylinder gets fed equally.

Last edited by tjwong; 08-15-2010 at 02:42 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:49 PM
cthusker
Le Mans Master

Received 98 Likes on 59 Posts

Great info Ken.... Wonder how long the coating lasts with regular usage? What happens when the coating does begin to wear off? How much efficiency is lost when it's not on those blades anymore?

Do you think the coating is the main reason this unit runs so quiet when installed? I know there are lots of OP's that love the sound but I'm not one of them. I do not like driving something that sounds like a freaken tea kettle on wheels...

I'll get my questions answered in about a month since ECS is intalling my E-Force then. Really looking forward to it.... Thanks again for the info.......
Old 08-15-2010, 08:18 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,363 Likes on 965 Posts

I have an MP122 Maggie with about 40K miles on it. It's had a Snow boost cooler, spraying WW fluid, on it since day 1. Outside of the rotors being blue, I can't see anything wrong with them. It blows 9psi today and that's the same boost as 40K ago. The TVS may be different.

I also have a TVS on my vette. Like you guys, I'm reluctant to add meth or ww fluid until someone with more time and money than me says it's OK to use. IAT's haven't been a huge issue for me. It runs really hard every time I've asked to to. It may be pulling some timing.....so far, it really doesn't matter. When I start giving a damn about quarter mile times, it might.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:15 PM
Julio
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

This is why I never recommend water to be shot through any type of blower.

Never have seen any issue using straight methanol. As the methanol will disperse into the air and not coat the rotors. Methanol changes phase at 70 degree's.. so as long as the tip of the nozzle has 70 degree's going over it.. the meth disappears into the air when broken up by a nozzle under pressure.

I cant say the same about windshield washer fluid, water, or any other fluid.

HTH

Get notified of new replies

To E-Force with Meth?

Quick Reply: E-Force with Meth?